People Can Fly is one of the leading Polish gaming studios and a globally operating AAA game developer that made its mark on the action shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgement and Outriders. We are also one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We have gained a vast know-how as a part of Epic Games family and we have developed our unique, trademark approach to the engine as an independent studio. We are rapidly growing, ambitious company looking for the most promising talents working in the game industry.
In December 2020 studios’ holding company PCF Group S.A. debuted as a public company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Over the last 5 years, our studios have grown up from 40 to over 350 people, whom we affectionately call ‘Aviators’. In addition to our headquarters in Warsaw, we have studios located in Poland (Lodz and Rzeszow), the UK (Newcastle), the US (New York and Chicago), and Canada (Montreal) – with plans to expand even further in near future! Recently, our family was extended with a newly formed partnership with Game On, a creative motion capture, animation, and audio studio with a portfolio of AAA collaborations.
To foster the creative process, we make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you will have a real impact on the games we’re working on. We also offer access to solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. Our modus operandi is based on staying dynamic, evolving in sync with gaming industry trends and focusing on delivering creative solutions in any circumstances.
During the pandemic, we have successfully transitioned to a remote work model, and we aim to develop it further and keep this option available to most of our employees. And with millions of players embracing our recent hit, Outriders, we can guarantee that you will work on the projects with true impact on the whole gaming community.
Project Gemini is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Square Enix – the publisher of our recent AAA title, Outriders. The game development involves primarily our Europe based teams.
Take flight on this amazing journey with us and spread your wings in the game industry!
- Full ownership of the produced function - from conceptual and paper design, through the prototyping phase, scripting, iteration, debugging, optimization, until delivery of the game
- Creating player's interaction with the world and enemies
- Paying attention to mechanics introduced to the game and cooperating with the departments of animation, sound, GFX and programming, to make sure that these mechanisms are fun and engaging, and at the same time represent the highest visual and sound quality
- Cooperating with programmers on how features should be implemented and define what should be data driven and what shouldn't
- Providing clear and detailed reports of bugs to other teams
- Implementing player character with animations and behavior using animation blueprints, montages, visual effects & sound effects using various scripting systems in relationship between gameplay elements within the level and the overall game and all of the ways the player can respond to each gameplay element.
- Acting as a first person of contact with all technical game design issues and be able to determine when something can be manageable in script, and when it should really be handled in code by programmers team
- Proactively identifying workflow issues and offer solutions,
- Conducting playtest sessions for involved developers (level designers, artists, animators and programmers) to discuss and improve implemented prototypes.
- Creating detailed and easy to follow design documentation
- Sharing knowledge with less experienced peers
- Occasionally supporting Lead in recruitment projects with HR collaboration
- 6+ Years of professional game design/scripting experience
- At least one successful shipped AAA game on PC or console
- Strong experience in game design – both practice and theory (paper design and implementation)
- Strong experience with visual scripting systems or other experience with programming and scripting languages
- Experience working with a variety of established game toolsets
- Solid theoretical knowledge of game design practices
- An in depth understanding of major elements of game design
- Strong analytical and formal thinking, able to break problems down in their key variables and identify the relations between them;
- Deep understanding of systems design, player psychology, and emerging industry trends
- Great understanding of creative and game development processes
- Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Working proficiency with Unreal Engine Editor
- Ability to process, understand and implement feedback
- Ability to prioritize and deliver best quality work under tight schedule
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
Nice to have
- Former programming experience
- Knowledge and passion for RPG genre games.
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do
- Private health care including dental treatment & MultiSport card
- Business trips and integration events
- Comprehensive assistance in relocation
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office
- Free library with a wide range of games and books
- In-company English language classes and Polish lessons for foreigners
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities