Senior Gameplay Programmer
People Can Fly is one of the leading and most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We took off in 2002 and since then, we have never slowed down. We made our mark on the action-shooter genre, developing titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, and Gears of War: Judgement. After being part of the Epic Games family, our desire to stay free and create on our own terms eventually made us independent.
Over the years our studio has grown from 40 to nearly 300 people, whom we affectionately call ‘aviators’, located across the globe. You’ll now find us not only in Poland but also in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Canada. Our world-class creative teams are currently working on two exciting AAA projects - Outriders and a brand new action-adventure title.
We make great games and this is why freedom and ownership stay at the center of everything we do. We make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you’ll have a real impact on the games we’re working on. You’ll also receive access to our solid know-how, creative resource,s and constructive feedback at every stage of development. We want to embrace your contribution!
This is a unique moment in our history. Take flight on this amazing journey with us and become a part of something truly special!
We are looking for an experienced Senior Gameplay Programmer who exhibits passion and curiosity in building complex gameplay systems. At People Can Fly, you will work with some of the industry’s most exciting technology and work alongside talented individuals. Together with our design team, you will implement elements of combat and character gameplay with a strong focus on the player experience. You will develop and maintain the tools and systems necessary for designers to create missions, build complex gameplay mechanics, and balance the game.
- At least 5+ years of AAA game development experience
- A keen sense of what makes gameplay systems fun
- Strong math skills
- Strong C++ skills
- Strong familiarity with AI, physics, animation, and gameplay code in general
- At least one shipped AAA title developed from start to finish
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as a team
- Experience with character scripting, animation blending, and similar techniques
- Experience with profiling and optimizations
- Experience with developing tools and asset pipelines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- High work ethic and self-motivation
- Passion for Games
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience with UE4 engine development
- Experience working on multiplayer games
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
What we offer
- 100% company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company-paid holidays and an attractive paid time off policy which includes 4 weeks of vacation
- Relocation Assistance
- Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account Programs
- Commuter Tax benefits
- Discounted gym memberships to keep our staff healthy and happy
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities