3D Art Lead
The primary responsibility of the 3D Art Lead is to mentor and guide the 3D artists (Characters, Environments and VFX) on the project in order to maintain the vision and quality set by the Art Director. You will also work closely with the Project leadership team,Game Design, UX, Marketing, and other project disciplines to ensure smooth communications and coordination with the 3D Art team.
The Art Lead should have extensive experience and interest in driving and pushing the development of 3D art in our games and mentoring our 3D artists in their artistic growth.
- Assisting the Art Director (AD) during the pre-production phase to figure out and establish the style, focus and visual benchmarks suitable for the project/game.
- Responsible for maintaining the art style and quality of the game(s) set by the AD for areas under your discipline.
- Keep the AD up to date on the progress of the production and include them in bigger decisions.
- Make sure art produced is on quality and consistent by approving and keeping track of the artwork made in the art team.
- Work with the Art Producer’s to assist in project planning and ensuring smooth transition through the various project phases.
- Provide rational and thought out time estimates for art assets production.
- Conveying expectations in terms of quality and content to the graphics team and, if needed, to freelancers / external studios.
- Making sure the projects have a good peer review environment.
- Know and understand the design of the game to ensure that the features are communicated well visually.
- Make graphical features request to the engine team on behalf of the art team
- Hold regular 1:1 meetings with 3D artists on the project team to mentor them in their artistic growth
- Setup, feedback and communicate with External Development partners
- Help with the recruitment process of 3D artists.
- Maintain and keep developing high artistic skills as it relates to 3D artwork.
- Be knowledgeable of current and future 3D industry trends and what is expected from them in AAA and AA game space.
- Develop and establish 3D pipelines, set best practices for the team.
- 8 years+ of experience in the games industry as an Art Director, Lead Artist or in a similar management position.
- In-depth understanding of the art production process, from concept to final in-game assets.
- Ability to create, adapt, and iterate, within a variety of artistic styles.
- Articulate in contextualizing decisions, communicating ideas, and giving and receiving feedback in English.
- Demonstrated ability in both 2D and 3D.
- Knowledge of technical constraints, optimization, and implementation
- Experience with Animation is a plus
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.