Oxide Games is currently seeking a Senior Animator to join our team, working on an unannounced AAA game in a classic PC genre with a major publisher. We are looking for an animator excited and ready to breathe life into a wide array of characters. Qualified individuals will be required to work hands on to set the benchmark of quality for assets, as well as be organized, with excellent communication skills, to support both internal and external art resources.
In this role you will…
- Develop and create quality benchmark assets that are in style and within specifications for the game
- Support the Art Director/Management with documentation, planning, scheduling, internal and external assignment preparation and critiques as required
- Coordinate the work of internal and outsource artists to create necessary game assets
- Work with other art disciplines and other departments to develop systems and tools to establish technical and aesthetic guidelines for game art assets
- Review and approve assets for integration into the game
- Ensure that assets created internally by your team and by outsource resources are consistent with the style and technical guidelines of benchmark assets
- Be a role model, inspire and mentor other artists in best practices and procedures for asset production
What types of education and experience do you need for this role?
- 5+ years as professional artist in video game development
- 1+ years in a technical leadership role
- Experience as a team member on at least one shipped game title
- Expertise in:
- facial rigs and animation
- full-body character rigging
- mechanical movement and combat animations
- Willing and eager to work with Oxide’s proprietary game engine (Nitrous) and support its future development
- Proficient with standard industry tools like 3ds Max and Maya, with a desire to support and have input into the creation of new systems and tools to help support future production
- Expertise in setting up import pipeline/processes for assets from outsource resources
- Awareness of current and cutting-edge technology for 3d animation production, processes, tools, and techniques
- Experience working with both internal and outsourced art team resources and pipelines
As a plus:
- Experience animating for acting as well as action
- Scripting experience (creating/editing scripts for Maya)
- Identify as a gamer and enjoys playing video games
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We are still functioning as a work-from-home studio, and all hiring and initial work can be performed remotely. The studio is open for fully vaccinated employees to come in full or part time if desired. We are optimistic that in the future it will be safe again to gather and work locally at our game studio. We highly value in person collaboration; therefore, candidates are expected to be available to work on site when the time comes.
Oxide Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides all employees and applicants an environment free of discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by Federal, state or local laws. We pride ourselves on the diversity of our team makes us all stronger and allows us to deliver the best games for everyone.