(Closed) Director, Sales Operations and Planning
As the Director, Sales Operations and Planning, you will lead brand partnerships revenue strategy and operations and be looked to as a leader in the organization. You will build and execute core operational processes - such as business planning, reporting, and ongoing business operations management. In your role, you will also take up broad-spectrum special projects ranging from designing and pricing new ad products, yield optimization projects to managing roll-out, maintenance and reporting on new sales enhancement process/platforms and tools. Your job will also include working with content on in-depth quantitative analysis of key OT usage trends/inventory analysis in addition to other sales operations metrics with particular focus on problem-solving and creation of scaled systems and processes. You will work very closely with the Head of Sales and the broader sales team to quickly understand issues and implement solutions.
You will be a self-starter, independent thinker, deeply analytical and detailed-oriented, but capable of working in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity.
What does success in this role look like?
You will embed yourself with the sales team and become the strategy and operations backbone for those teams. Present strategic insights and recommendations to senior management and partners in the Content, Sales, Finance, Product, Marketing and other support organizations critical to maintaining or developing long-term relationships with key brands and agencies. You will often independently identify issues, problem solve, and with enthusiasm drive solutions - people come to you when they have a tough problem and don’t know how to solve it.
Based in NYC, Overtime is funded by top venture capital firms like Andreessen Horowitz and Spark and by industry leaders like Kevin Durant and NBA Commissioner Emeritus David Stern. Overtime is building the biggest sports network in the world for the next generation of fans. We use tech, new platforms, and new formats to drive a billion video views every month. We publish our short-form content and long-form series across 7 platforms focusing on basketball, football, soccer, and gaming. We own a pro esports team, have a fast-growing apparel business, and basically do everything differently from a standard media company. Overtime is led by seasoned entrepreneurs with deep experience in the intersecting worlds of sports and media, and a strong track record of building successful startups and guiding them through acquisition.
What you’ll do
- You will drive operational logistics including optimizing resource allocation across teams, measuring progress against sales goals, and assisting in key sales management meetings.
- You will develop analytical frameworks, tools, and techniques to plan and communicate short and long term resource needs.
- You will work with our cross-functional partners (Sales teams, Content, Engineering, Finance, HR) to ensure successful execution of key projects, while continually finding opportunities for ongoing program improvements and enhancements.
- You will help find opportunities to improve sales team efficiencies and lead efforts to scale standard methodologies
- You will participate and help steer global initiatives as appropriate and ensure that global initiatives are rolled out properly to every region/sector.
- You will develop, lead & report on key revenue and sales pipeline metrics.
- You will conduct strategic market insights including competitive landscape analysis to help formulate rate card/pricing and go to market plans.
- You will actively participate in building Quarterly business reviews with the sales teams.
Who you are
- 5+ years experience in the digital marketing industry and familiarity with popular digital advertising platforms.
- Management consulting experience a big plus.
- Analytical thinker and structured problem solver.
- Experience working with sales operations function with similar needs and job function.
- Experience researching and manipulating complex and large data sets.
- Strong working knowledge and skills in spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfort working in ambiguity with a bent towards fast execution and iteration.
- Project management mindset on task execution.
- Familiar with SQL or any other form of database querying language a plus.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent with specialization in marketing, finance, business, engineering or related field of study.
- Bonus: MBA/MS or equivalent with specialization in marketing, finance, mathematics, business or related field of study.
- Bonus: Knowledge of complex analytical packages including, but not limited to, R, SPSS, Stata, and SAS.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to the email address attached below with the subject line “Director, Sales Operations and Planning - Your Name (City, State)”