Lead Game Designer
LEAD GAME DESIGNER WANTED! Small sized video game agency looking for their next long term indelible hire to join the team. Candidate can sit nationwide remote for the role. This role is a chance to collaborate with leading game developers, educators, researchers, partnerships, artists and storytellers.
This game company is a social-impact company, makes games for all audiences, demographics and ages. Educational or narrative based games that add value.
- Must be strong with ideation, vision, implementation of all game design
- Communicate with other designers and professionals
- Outline deliverables, timelines, expectations
- Create guidelines for design documentation, tools for the project, technology for the project
- Be approver of all of the game design items throughout the lifecycle. Be the keeper of quality and game features
- Lead and manager game design team, track milestones, schedules and plans
- Knowledge of how to manage an indie budget and timeframes. Project will most likely take 2+ years from start to finish and then work on maintaining the game or another new game from there
- Hands on design, roll up your sleeves attitude
- Troubleshoot experience
- Amazing oral and written communicator during a remote work situation
- In the know of industry and design patterns/trends
- 5-10+ years experience in a Lead design or creative leadership role on commercial video or even VR games
- Creative chops, experience moving games from inception to launch on a commercial game scale
- Management experience
- Passionate about impact-game genre
Apply now to learn more about this role!