We're seeking an experienced frontend, react engineer to join our engineering team!
You'll be joining a team of 8 engineers building web games that mix frontend React UI with webGL accelerated graphics.
We think a lot about our craft as engineers. We involve everyone deeply in the product & design cycles, so you have input into what we build and why we're building it.
We talk to our players, a lot. Everyone on the team spends time in our public Discord talking to our players and understanding what they want. We believe in building intuition about our players, vs. relying only on our own.
As an engineering team, we are deeply ambitious. We've built our own web-based engine, UI library, character generator, game CMS, combat system and more.
You'll have deep institutional support: our founding team has three MIT engineers and we know what it takes to make a great engineering team and product. We care deeply about mentoring our engineers and finding opportunities for you to grow, and work on what you have the most energy and enthusiasm for.
Women and under-represented minorities strongly encouraged to apply.
- Skilled in React & frontend engineering. We're looking for someone who's built and shipped projects in React, because we want to make sure you can land on your feet.
- Enjoys thinking from the user perspective and excited about learning as much about them as possible. You're interested in the idea of sharing early drafts with users and after shipping the feature, following the metrics to see if it landed.
- Good at communicating, both on the technical and personal level. Great team members are skilled and a pleasure to work with.
- A gamer at heart, however you define that. As long as you love playing and want to help other people play, you'll be a great fit.
- Anywhere in a timezone between PST-EST. We've found that large timezone differences can be tough in a small team. You do not need to be in the US.
- Even if you're worried you don't meet all these qualifications, please reach out! We'd love to hear from you. We value experience of all kinds and you don't have to have a conventional software engineering education or background to succeed here!
Send an application on the apply button below.