Senior Systems Software Engineer, Linux Display Driver
We are now looking for a Senior Systems Software Engineer!
Do you love to provide innovative solutions and enjoy working on complex problems? NVIDIA is looking for phenomenal system software engineers like you to join us in our journey of building state of the art GPUs. To work within the Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) Software team to tackle complex System Software problems across NVIDIA GeForce/NVIDIA RTX (professional graphics) products on Linux platform. Work involves developing and maintaining software for the Linux Display driver group.
What you’ll be doing:
- Improving existing software by debugging, analyzing and providing solution to complex issues within areas like Linux kernel interfaces, Display technologies, Power management etc.
- Work on designing, developing, unit testing, documenting and maintaining features within the Linux Display driver
- You will get an opportunity to work side by side to collaborate with forward-thinking and motivated engineers around the world, as an equal member of a multi-site project team
- Tackle variety of problems that directly impact NVIDIA’s End Users and partner OEMs
What we need to see:
- Your strong software engineering skills combined with a dedication to tackle hard problems are a requirement.
- The position requires 5+ years of proven experience in developing display drivers on Linux. Experience on graphics APIs like OpenGL/OpenGL-ES/Vulkan or DRM/KMS subsystem is a plus.
- Excellent programming skills! Proficiency in C / C++ language, libraries and toolchains
- Good understanding of graphics fundamentals, detailed knowledge of Linux operating system internals
- Experience with X, Wayland, or similar window systems
- The candidate must be self-motivated, have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Experience in working on unreleased hardware platforms
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Experience developing for the 64-bit Arm architecture - AArch64
- Background with embedded system SW concepts, e.g: RTOS, overlay programming models
- Contributions to upstreaming projects
- Passionate about what you do
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most forward-thinking and hardworking people in the world working for us. If you're creative and passionate about new technology then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.