Senior Applied Power Architect – GPU
We are looking for a Senior Applied Power Architect – GPU Servers:
NVIDIA is known as a world leader in providing energy-efficient high-performance products and we continue to invest in the research and development of hyper-efficient GPU and SOC architectures. We are continually innovating in creative and unrivaled ways to improve our ability to deliver exceptional perf/watt solutions in a wide range of sectors and verticals. Come join NVIDIAs Applied Power Architecture team to develop state of the art GPUs to power AI, Automotive, GeForce, and Mobile products.
What You'll Be Doing
- You will be responsible for inventing flows/methodologies and building the power estimation models/tools for GPU server nodes and systems like Nvidia DGX including high-speed-interconnect switches.
- As a senior team member, you will collaborate closely with other System/SW Architects, and Product engineers to understand energy efficiency improvements.
- Deploy machine learning techniques to develop highly accurate power and performance models of our GPUs, CPUs, Switches, and platforms. You’ll also reduce and implement these models on silicon to assist power management software.
- Drive performance vs power analysis to enable management/marketing with meaningful product decisions and customer interaction.
What We Need To See
- MSEE/MSCE, preferably PhD, with a specialization in low-power-processor architectures.
- Strong knowledge of energy efficient system design fundamentals and related tradeoffs from your 3+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Deep understanding of processors (GPU is a plus), servers, and system-SW architectures, and their performance/power modeling techniques.
- Proficiency with Python and data analysis packages like: Pandas, NumPy, PyTorch.
- Exposure to industry standard Power Analysis EDA tools such as PrimePower etc a plus.
- Experience with performance monitors/simulators used in modern processor architectures.
- Exposure to lab setup including power measurement equipment such as scope/DAQ. Your ability to analyze board-level power issues like supply voltage, overcurrent etc is helpful.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability & desire to work as a great teammate
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. Our products are leading the way with groundbreaking developments in Artificial Intelligence, High-Performance Computing and Visualization. We have some of the most forward-thinking and hardworking people in the world working for us. Do you love the challenge of crafting the fastest and most power-efficient chips in their class? If so, we want to hear from you!
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.