(Closed) Game Application Intern - Summer 2020
NVIDIA is building GeForce Now, the state of the art next-generation game streaming platform, transforming any Mac, Android or PC into a high-performance gaming rig with NVIDIA's cloud-based GPU's. We want users worldwide to get instant access to gaming in the cloud, play the latest games in high-definition at optimal settings and smooth frame rates.
The GeForce NOW service allows you to play your favorite games, automatically keep them up-to date, and have an optimized streaming experience, as if you are playing from a local gaming rig. This means the user will be ready to enjoy the fun and benefits of industry-leading technologies, streamed right to your desktop. Just click and play! See http://www.geforce.com/geforce-now?nvid=nv-int-gn-4 for more details.
What you'll be doing:
Join a small, productive team building cross platform Desktop Application using modern C++ and Angular 6 to support GeForce Now's ever-growing feature set across Mac OSX and Windows. We work in short sprints with an agile mindset and believe in experimentation, iteration and data driven decision-making. You will work on all aspects of GeForce Now client, developing new features, integration with streaming and overlay technologies, while having fun and making our products ever more awesome. The team has a shared passion for building best in class user experience, solving business problems using cutting edge technology stack.
What we need to see:
- Must be available to work during Summer term (May - September), full time, in either Santa Clara or Redmond
- Pursuing BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related
- You have good experience with C/C++/C# development and debugging skills
- You are an experienced problem solver
- You have a can-do attitude and adaptive mindset with changing requirements
- You have a strong passion for perfection, attention to detail and pride in craftsmanship
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- You are a gamer and live and breathe data
- You have some experience with JS tooling (webpack, grunt, npm), JS unit test frameworks, Angular material design.
NVIDIA has continuously reinvented itself over two decades. Our invention of the GPU in 1999 sparked the growth of the PC gaming market, redefined modern computer graphics, and revolutionized parallel computing. More recently, GPU deep learning ignited modern AI ? The next era of computing.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.