Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold billions of video games and hundreds of millions of hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™, and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas.
Nintendo is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each other.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Drives, develops and implements Nintendo’s overall social media marketing, influencer relations and original content strategy and programming. Oversees team objectives, strategies, reporting and measurement
- Leads the strategy and development of Nintendo’s expansion into original content with goal of entertaining and enriching fans of all ages by strengthening their affinity for the brand.
- Responsible for regularly evaluating and adjusting our multi-faceted product, social, influencer and original content strategy to reflect the realities around how consumers learn about our products and make purchase decisions.
- Collaborates with global subsidiaries to create synergies and coordinate execution on global initiatives.
- Evaluates and leads innovation across platforms and channels, leveraging critical industry insights
- Oversees channel prioritization, PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act), momentum plans to ensure progress toward overall program goals.
- Develops and manages direct reports and provides mentorship, guidance and performance management
- Partners with Consumer Marketing to develop impactful paid strategies.
- Manages outside agencies and services to ensure best in class execution.
- Directs team on real-time social media campaigns as well as live event real-time activations, such as E3, PAX Prime, etc.
- Maintains and optimizes Nintendo’s social media and original content playbook, brand voice and guidelines
- Works within strategic communications and other internal departments to ensure cohesion, create synergies and streamline processes.
- Integrates key programming with Nintendo’s paid and earned influencer activity.
- Partners with Treehouse, Licensing, Retail and Consumer Marketing and other teams on social media execution.
- Tracks programs budgets and oversees overall social media and original content budget
- Stays current with ever-evolving digital behaviors and trends and provides on-going creative and strategic inspiration to the organization through ongoing training sessions
- Serves as back-up for department VP as needed
- Initiates plans and programs outside of those assigned
- Prepares reports and presentations summarizing social, influencer and original content program strategies, key performance metrics and performance indicators and presents to executive management and other company officials
- Acts as spokesperson as assigned
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- 10 plus years of related experience required
- Ten or more years of PR, social, digital marketing experience in games, tech and/or entertainment industry
- At least five years of social media and content marketing focused program oversight; must be experienced with managing multiple social media channels
- Should possess clever writing skills and be an excellent communicator and people/ project manager.
- Must have team management experience and ability to lead and inspire a team of direct reports in a collaborative manner
- Experience in paid media and community management.
- Ability to work with remote/international teams to meet joint goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
- Undergraduate degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, a related field, or equivalent