Niantic’s QA Engineering team is seeking a QA Engineering Lead to lead Niantic's AR platform. Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of Augmented Reality (AR) and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a user base in the billions. Responsibilities include executing end-to-end test plans, ensuring that all objectives are met and the solution works as expected. You will be responsible for working closely with other QA team members, our QA manager, and our production team to deliver high-quality experiences to our customers.
The ideal candidate has the ability to collaborate with engineers, program managers, and product managers in order to help build fun games and platform at scale. You should have strong decision-making skills, great execution, and a willingness to take on new responsibilities.
- Build and manage testing estimates, schedules, timelines, bug analytics/metrics, and mitigation plans.
- Manage testing and integration across Niantic’s technologies and platform.
- Collaborate with our TPMs to work with external QA resources and with the development team to track defects during feature development.
- Drive the development and execution of test specs, test cases, and suites for new features.
- Identify, craft, and build automated tests.
- Work with the QA leadership team on QA process improvements.
- You have a BS in Computer Science or another technical major and a minimum of 5 years of software QA experience as a Lead.
- Proven understanding of QA methodology and tools.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java or C#.
- Hands-on experience in test automation.
- Experience leading, building, and crafting test strategies for mobile apps and consumer-facing products.
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with AR gameplay.
- One or more years of mobile testing/QA experience.
- Passion for mobile devices and mobile gaming.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.