Data Scientist, Player Insights
Do you want to help connect people all over the world, and work on a team building the next generation of planet scale, real world AR games? We’re looking for hardworking people to help our company build better games. Folks with the ability to be curious, holistic, and independent, but also to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Translate quantitative findings into concise and clear messages to leadership, peers, and external partners.
- Embedded within a product: you are the data master, responsible for diagnosing problems, quantifying the impact, and brainstorming solutions that will improve the player experience.
- Partner with product managers to identify trends, explain cause/effect, and identify underlying drivers of outcomes.
- Define analytics requirements for new & evolving products.
- Have a player-first mentality that aligns with our mission, values, and strategy.
- Drive consensus; independently deliver data insights to drive decisions to cross functional teams.
- Be a hands-on, self-starter and help the company make evidence-based decisions.
- SQL expertise, plus experience with statistical packages such as Python and R.
- Deep understanding of statistics and data analytics concepts, especially with regression and time series data.
- Comfort with data visualization to help communicate the significance of data to others in the organization.
- Experience with A/B testing or randomized control trials.
- Passion for games, and ability to empathize with gamers of all kinds. Nice to have: emphasis on mobile games.
- Ability to maintain objectivity when performing analyses and making recommendations.
- BA/BS in statistics, applied mathematics, economics, computer science, machine learning, engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years of work experience in data science or analytics role.
- Experience working on at least one live digital product.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.