Niantic’s mission is to inspire people to explore the world together. Our slate of products – Ingress, Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom – reaches a global community of hundreds of millions of Niantic explorers in the world. Niantic’s Lightship planet-scale AR platform powers all Niantic games and enables developers and creators to build engaging AR experiences that inspire movement, exploration and connection at a global scale.
EMEA is one of our important regions, where we want to share our story and grow our team. We’re looking for a Communications Director to lead and grow our communications efforts and be part of the region’s cross-functional leadership team.
Based in our London office, this role will lead all communications and public relations work for the EMEA, supported by local agencies in each country. This includes running communications for our game titles and AR technology, our Niantic Lightship developer platform, hardware projects, internal communications and developing our brand and presence.
As a member of the Global Communications team, this person will also work cross-functionally with other teams, including Product, Marketing, Engineering, People and Legal within and beyond the region.
This person will be highly strategic and be able to develop short and medium term communications plans, in addition to creating content and building and maintaining a wide range of media relationships in the EMEA region. This person should be aware of local nuances across the region, including the U.K., Germany, France, and Italy.
Technology and game experience is helpful but not required. Multiple EMEA language skills is a plus.
This is a full-time position located in our London office.
- Lead communications across EMEA and play an active role in the region’s leadership team.
- Develop, localize, and execute communications activities to build Niantic’s brand and grow our community.
- Build, grow, and maintain productive long-term and two-way relationships with reporters and editors.
- Be an advocate for international communications and have a global mindset.
- Write or support the localization of blog posts, media alerts, and press releases by working with Global Communications team, local PR agencies, cross-functional teams, and business partners when appropriate.
- Hold press briefings, press conferences, and support other events.
- 15+ years in communications, journalism or a related field.
- A passion for AR technology, games, or at least being open to learning both.
- Strong interest in current trends and/or key social media services.
- Experience in technology, gaming, or other high-speed working environments is a plus.
- Highly independent/self-starter, yet a team-player.
- Multiple EMEA language skills are also a plus.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.