Niantic LA seeks an Art Director to clearly define and direct the artistic vision for the Los Angeles studio's new project. We're looking for an ambitious individual with a proven track record for unifying and crafting compelling visuals, whilst also demonstrating a keen interest for emerging, creative technologies.
We work with some of the world's most advanced AR technologies to design visually creative mobile experiences for tens of millions of users worldwide, inspiring discovery, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
- Champion the product's aesthetic quality by providing clear direction and feedback to both internal and external teams.
- Create inspirational visuals to unify and advance the artistic direction of the product.
- Envision and direct a range of art assets from 2D concepts to 3D assets, animation, UI, and VFX.
- Work with the production team to schedule and estimate timelines and goals for milestone planning.
- Provide strong leadership and career mentorship to support the creative goals and ambitions of the art team.
- With the support of recruiting, grow the art department by sourcing key talent.
- Help foster and maintain thecreative relationship between external partners and internal art teams.
- Enhance the standard of our product's visual aesthetic by collaborating closely with the Technical Art, Engineering, and Design departments to further develop our tools and improve our real-time rendering engine.
- Demonstrable leadership skills with excellent problem solving and diplomatic skills.
- Proven ability to work with an established IP.
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates compelling visuals across multiple genres of games - both realistic and stylized.
- Body of work should also show an ability to establish and maintain an artistic vision across an entire game.
- Previous experience working with outsource partners.
- Excellent technical ability with a thorough understanding of Unity, mobile rendering and post processing.
- Previous experience as an Art Director with 6 or more years working in game development, including at least one AR or VR game; or equivalent leadership experience.
- You have shipped 2 or more AAA console games or high profile mobile titles as an Art Director.
- You are skilled in crafting outstanding 2D and 3D art assets.
- You have a passion for games, AR, Mixed-Reality, and new technologies.
- You have experience with location-based games or AR experiences.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.