(Closed) Manager, Project Management
HERE’S THE DEAL
We are a full-service esports platform that creates, manages and monetizes white label competitive video game leagues. We build a title’s competitive community from the ground up, growing it into a unique, professional and world-class esports operation. We manage all league operations and produce s-rank live entertainment in-studio or at stadium-sized venues. We deliver monetary results by authentically translating our publishers’ and brand sponsors’ business outcomes to this massively diverse community.
We are uniquely positioned as one of the very few independent esports creators in the world.
We are anticipating breakneck growth and are looking for an individual that gets fired up thinking about building something great alongside a small, high-energy team. We want someone who despises the status quo and pushes to do things faster and better because they find that sort of thing fun.
Our rapidly expanding company is in need of a responsible and organized individual to fill the position of Manager, Project Management.
- Provide Coaching and Guidance to all Team Members
- Assigning and balancing employees across projects and tasks
- Manage the day to day operations of all direct reports
- Evaluate and report progress of multiple projects on a regular basis
- Participate in department planning
- Execute the vision of department objectives created by the Leadership team
- Enforces KPI metric collections and ensures team adherence to collection strategy
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature the organization
- Standardize and implement processes and strategies with Director buy-in
- Implement and ensure team adherence to procedures with Director buy-in
- Educate and mentor the Project Managers in your department.
- Communicate policy and strategy to department employees
- Execute plan to increase the performance and effectiveness of the PM team
- Identify PM-related training needs
- Conduct PM-related training
- Perform Project Reviews to assess the health of a project and report findings at a scheduled frequency
- Effect immediate change or/and perform course corrections on projects as needed
- Support with searching for new members for the PM team.
- Think in terms of both what the business needs and what the department needs in order to be successful
- Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address client goals while maintaining alignment with company best practices
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables
- Directly managing projects as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
YOU MUST HAVE
- Passion for video games, interactive media and technology
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Passion for standardized processes
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- Experience in successfully leading projects to on-time, on-schedule delivery and within budget
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding team accountable for performance
- Experience influencing and gaining buy-in from leadership team, team members, stakeholders and peers
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective
- Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and personal accountability of business needs
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
YOUR BONA FIDES
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, or anything similar.
- 5+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects
- 2+ years directly managing a team
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Google Suite and Asana
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Work Schedule: Be prepared to help build something great and work long hours, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Physical Demands: Must be able to stand for 8 hours. Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Amount of Travel Required: Limited
- Work Environment: Typical office, travel (trains, planes and autos), studios and on-location environments