Management Consultant - Game Development and Publishing
The digital entertainment industry is changing at a rapid pace and new generations and markets are transforming the way entertainment is consumed. Our clients, from leading game publishers and investors to technology companies and consumer brands, have an urgent need to understand what is changing and how this will impact their business.
Newzoo specializes in understanding the games market, from changing consumer behavior to the impact of new trends and technology, such as streaming, esports, and cloud gaming. As clients value our views and opinions as well as our data, we increasingly provide data-driven advisory services. The Newzoo Consulting team aims to answer the industry’s big questions, with a cross-disciplinary team that can deploy the full range of Newzoo’s solutions and insights.
We are therefore looking for a passionate, analytical, and client-focused Consultant to drive execution of our data driven advisory projects in games, media, and entertainment. In this role, you will primarily provide value to our clients via strategic engagements while leveraging your quantitative capabilities, consulting skills, and project management experience. You will assist some of the industry’s most sophisticated clients at the C-suite level in making key business decisions by fully understanding their requirements (both spoken and unspoken), conducting robust analyses, and acting as a key strategic partner and trusted advisor.
- Support the execution and project management of data-driven consulting projects for our clients globally. Typical projects include financial analysis to support large investment decisions, strategy development, and game development;
- Follow and continuously keep up with industry trends, best practices, and strategies
- Communicate your personal views on key trends and developments in the games, media, and interactive entertainment space with the aim of developing into a trusted advisor for executives over the long term;
- Provide insightful ideas and content for, and assist development and marketing of, Newzoo’s global reports, publications, and data-based products and solutions;
- Collaborate on internal development projects relating to new commercial or business development initiatives, including working with new partners;
- Assist with commercial opportunities selling consulting services, in endemic industries and adjacent markets, by leveraging our strong expertise and position in global gaming and esports.
- 2-4 years of work experience in the consulting, finance, and/or game development/publishing industries
- Experience working with or for international game developers/publishers;
- Intellectually curious, innovative, creative, and a problem solver;
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think critically and not take everything at face value;
- Ability to digest lots of information and filter out what is valuable for us and our clients;
- Ability to convey your insights and opinions eloquently and diplomatically, even in the face of criticism;
- A strong interest in games, mobile, and innovative consumer technology, and the drive and talent to become a consultant with C-level credibility;
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills;
- Financial modeling and game KPI analysis skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with a professional mastery of English
- We love quirks! If you have unique interests or talents, we will work them into your personal development.
- A full-time job in an international work environment within dynamic, ever-changing, and fun markets;
- A flexible workplace in Amsterdam and international travel;
- Lots of direct contact with our partners, prospects, and clients;
- Plenty of room to develop yourself and shape your future career;
- Be part of a fast-growing, ambitious, young, and energetic team.