Lead Analyst Esports
We are the leading global provider of games and esports analytics. We help some of the world’s largest entertainment, technology, and media companies target their audience, track competitors, spot opportunities, and make strategic and financial decisions. With more than 10 years of experience, we work closely with our clients to provide the data they need to make daily decisions on marketing, sales, and product development.
As Lead Analyst - Esports, you will be responsible for the following:
- Be the end-to-end owner of the Global Esports Market Report, our authoritative subscription-based esports market intelligence product that includes our flagship annual report with market trends and forecasts, and quarterly updates;
- Own and deliver qualitative and quantitative content (trends & modeling), including our esports-related data models and databases, overseeing their continual update and improvement.
- Drive project schedules from design to launch. Suggest and make appropriate decisions/trade-offs to optimize time-to-market;
- Continuously improve the product’s value proposition and drive the overall go-to-market strategy. Be passionately client-focused and work backwards to define the product vision from client needs. Secure feedback from clients on the product to continually maintain and improve the product. Help define product price, revenue/sales estimations and what success looks like.
- Be a public-facing person for esports, including esports conferences, presentations, etc. and lead esports trend sessions for key clients where appropriate;
- Contribute to our overall global esports strategy and drive our thought leadership, partnership growth and expansion, data quality improvements, and product innovation around esports, leveraging your extensive network connections. Clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional teams or remote colleagues who contribute to our esports related activities;
- Ensure any appropriate sales/marketing activities are ready to support the product launch (e.g. sales documents, updated client agreements, insights post, etc). Propose activations for marketing purposes and be in the lead for esports-related insights posts and whitepapers;
- Understand relevant competitive and partnership landscape, and help drive any necessary data partnerships required for product requirements;
- Work with our consulting team and contribute to custom consulting projects relating to esports -- including client calls, proposal scoping, project management, etc. Build out esports consulting materials such as ecosystem diagrams, frameworks, and other content for esports projects based on client industry;
- Build up esports knowledge of the team and grow and develop junior members' esports knowledge;
- 4+ years of overall experience across esports, finance, data analysis, product management, or project management
- 2+ years of experience in the esports industry, ideally in finance, analytics, or business operations
- Long-time passion for esports and first-hand industry knowledge (an absolute must-have);
- Proven experience building market sizing models from scratch
- Strong industry network in esports as well as in brands, sports, or media;
- Ability to easily connect with people, excellent at building relationships, and drive to inspire and guide people within and outside our organization;
- Energetic, dynamic personality with strong work ethic;
- Exceptional communication, visualization and presentation skills;
- Ability to build custom market sizing models and interpret data into market- or client-specific correlations, predictions and recommendations;
- Possess strong understanding of statistics and hands-on experience with analyzing large sets of data,
- Expert-level Excel skills and strong PowerPoint design ability;
- Bonus points if you're a peripherals lover as well, and can help contribute to gaming peripheral thought leadership;
- Flawless business English both written and spoken;
- Master's degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Finance, Economics, Business or Business Administration, Statistics, Mathematics, Quantitative Marketing
- We love quirks! Let’s work your unique interests or talents into your job.
Sent your cv and motivation letter!