Senior Graphics Programmer
Send CV and Covering Letter to the email address listed.
Position: Experienced Graphics Programmer [Full Time / Permanent]
An opportunity to join a dynamic new games studio with a focus on technical excellence with exciting projects using best-in-class technology. You'll be joining a company at an exciting time, helping to build a culture of collaboration with great work-life balance, getting recognised for your contribution to our studio and have fun while doing so. The applicant will be working on our in-house tech/project as well as contracts where and when needed.
The Successful Applicant
- Take ownership of the engineering side of the rendering of a AAA title, that means framerate, delivering visual aesthetic, smoothing out glitches and errors related to any part of the graphics pipeline
- Work directly with the art & level design team to push the engine to its limits while maintaining framerate
- Innovate creative tools and processes and maintaining existing core technologies
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code
- Mentor and guide less experienced programmers as needed.
- Study latest papers in the field and disseminate information to the rest of the team.
- UE4 Rendering and Graphics Expert
- C++ experience (5+ years)
- Experience in real-time game content pipeline and tools
- Strong graphics programming skills, background in rendering & shader algorithms, linear algebra, trigonometry & calculus
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to debug, profile, and analyze profiling data and perform GPU optimization.
- Proficient with writing vertex, pixel, and compute shaders using HLSL or equivalent.
- DirectX 12 experience - bindless textures etc.
- Experience with HDR, PBR, and both forward+ & deferred rendering
- Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science or related Technical Degree
- Experience with multi-threading and optimization
- Cg, MEL, Python, GLSL and/or C#
- DirectCompute, DirectX Raytracing
- Familiar with node-based material graphs
- Experience developing for a wide range of PC hardware and console platforms
£ - Competitive, Dependent on experience.
Role: Full Time / Permanent
- Currently, Work from Home
- Post-Covid: Manchester, UK OR flexible working with open to relocation candidates with support to relocate