(Closed) Sr 3D Character Artist
Our Navigator Games team is growing! We’ve partnered with an established publisher, known for their role-playing video game franchises, to bring an animated television series to the mobile universe! As we step into the production phase of our new fantasy game, we are looking to expand upon our existing talent to bring stylized worlds and characters to life through immersive gameplay.
At Navigator Games, we pride ourselves on creating a dynamic and supportive space for all. We are committed to promoting equal employment opportunities. Our studio is founded on the values of trust, adventure, can-do-attitude, resourcefulness and going the extra mile.
In response to the preventative measures to reduce risk of COVID-19, our team is currently working 100% remote. When we resume normal business operations, we have opportunities for employees to work in the office or continue to work remotely in Canada.
The Sr 3D Character Artist is self-motivated and is looking to own character production on an exciting well known, animated IP game. The talented individual will bring appeal, expression, and personality to all the game characters. The Sr 3D Character Artist works in collaboration with artists, designers and developers to set the quality of characters and 3D modeled elements for all projects. This person is comfortable with the technical aspects of getting characters running in game as expected, being able to identify character issues from modeling, rigging and shading to resolve final in-game look.
This is a full time permanent position with benefits. Our Vancouver Studio is located downtown at 1220 - 1095 West Pender Street, Vancouver, BC V6E 2M6.
WHAT THE JOB ENTAILS:
- Create 3D Character models including humans, animals and creatures in accordance with artistic direction, production deadlines and technical specifications.
- Model, UV and texture character models and implement in Unity based pipeline
- Manage character outsource pipeline, providing feedback, quality assurance, implementation game while adhering to timeline and content limitations
- Understand how the game engine requires characters to be built and help to integrate your characters into the game where required.
- Working with some of the technical aspects of character development such as rigging, shaders, lighting, cloth sim etc.
- Be part of a small dynamic cross-functional game team to create exceptional mobile game assets in a timely manner
- Contribute ideas toward overall visual development, brings a diverse artistic range to the table
- Collaborate closely with the programmers to define technically and visually satisfying solutions
- Become familiar with graphic references and adapt styles according to project needs
- Be a positive and creative force on the team
HOW WE’LL KNOW YOU ARE A FIT:
- Degree in Fine Arts, Animation, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in video games. (Film and television experience may be considered.)
- Familiar working with commercial game engines, preferably Unity.
- Game production experience with character creation
- Technical knowledge of 3D art asset implementation
- Expert knowledge of Maya, Max, Modo, or similar 3D modeling software
- Clear sense of proportion and composition with a eye for surface, colour, and detail
- Enjoys being creative on demand.
- Receives constructive feedback from management, peers and other creative sources.
- Adheres to tight deadlines and follows guidelines, processes and schedules.
- Strong team player