Mobile Game Designer
Our Navigator Games team is growing! We’ve partnered with an established publisher, known for their role-playing video game franchises, to bring an animated television series to the mobile universe! As we step into the production phase of our new fantasy game, we are looking to expand upon our existing talent to bring stylized worlds and characters to life through immersive gameplay.
At Navigator Games, we pride ourselves on creating a dynamic and supportive space for all. We are committed to promoting equal employment opportunities. Our studio is founded on the values of trust, adventure, can-do-attitude, resourcefulness and going the extra mile.
In response to the preventative measures to reduce risk of COVID-19, our team is currently working 100% remote. When we resume normal business operations, we have opportunities for employees to work in the office or continue to work remotely in Canada.
The Mobile Game Designer will be responsible for creating and championing the design vision and features in order to create industry leading games with a focus on live operations. Our Game Designer is an enthusiastic, multi-talented individual who works closely with our game teams, live ops, and marketing teams to create designs that are innovative, fun, engaging and commercially viable.
Mobile Game Designers have joint accountability for the quality of game design from a high level down to the lowest detail. The Mobile Game Designer will receive guidance and direction from the design director and other lead members of the studio but are expected to be adept at problem-solving and to be able to work independently to solve issues.
This is a full time contract position with benefits. Our Vancouver Studio is located downtown at 1220 - 1095 West Pender Street, Vancouver, BC V6E 2M6. Visit our website for more information.
WHAT THE JOB ENTAILS:
- Collaborate with the Design Director and Sr Game Designer on game design systems and generate both high-level and succinct presentations as well as highly detailed feature specification documentation to clearly communicate design goals, function points, and art requirements to the broader team.
- Responsible for different areas of a game’s design ensuring that it adheres to the overall vision and direction of the game, meeting the highest standard within the required timescales in conjunction with the rest of the design team
- Implement Spreadsheet data as needed to support the implementation and tuning of features
- Engage with market research to help identify and validate target users and persona in the genres we operate.
- Be knowledgeable of mobile game trends in the major global markets, particularly in mobile RPG.
- Define and prioritize game features based on overall product vision and business goals including core game mechanics, compulsion loops and monetization strategies while adapting to development capabilities and schedules
- Implement, iterate, and evolve the game designs from early planning stages to live releases
- Cultivate a positive team dynamic, and exhibit a professional attitude by demonstrating a good balance between creativity and practical flexibility
- Communicate designs clearly and consistently to other team members and production partners
- Work with analytics tools to mine data and integrate results into designs.
- Mentor and guide more junior design team members to help polish their execution and grow their skills overtime.
HOW WE'LL KNOW YOU'RE A FIT FOR THE JOB:
- 4+ years of game design and life operations for a commercially successful mobile game.
- Exceptional understanding of F2P games including economies, player progression and live events
- Impeccable excel skills and understanding of spreadsheets for tuning and balancing systems
- Great attention to detail and highly organized
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent experience with an emphasis on communication, game design, economics, math or psychology.
- Experience working with or managing junior designers to help them advance in their career.
- Deep understanding of the mobile RPG genre.
- Data modelling and visualization skills