3D Environment Artist
Navigator Games is a successful Vancouver-based RPG Studio founded on the values of excellence, respect, ownership, collaboration and fun. If you are passionate about mobile gaming, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
The 3D Environment Artist is a highly skilled individual who develops background concepts through sketches and paintings in a digital format, ultimately realizing these ideas as final 3D spaces.
- Create engaging and exciting 3D environments and props with strong visual composition and interesting gameplay space.
- Work closely with the design team to ensure all game environments adhere to concept designs and branding guidelines.
- Demonstrate proficiency in organic and hard surface modeling techniques with a focus on stylized content.
- Submit mock-ups for regular review and incorporate feedback during revisions
- Clearly document workflows that will be used by internal and external teams, experience with Jira and Confluence a plus;
- Work with Project manager to establish accurate estimates to ensure on-time deliverables are met
- Participate in production and art team meetings, brainstorming, art reviews, critiques;
- Keep up to date on the latest industry standard tools, workflows, and techniques;
- Deliver artwork and elements within deadlines set by production.
- 2+ years experience in the video game industry
- Post secondary education in art, animation or a related field
- Excellent understanding of light, shade, color, and detail when creating game textures and materials
- Experience in Unity an asset
- Working familiarity with Scrum/Agile project processes
- Self-motivated, collaborative attitude in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
At Navigator Games, we pride ourselves on creating a dynamic and supportive space for all. We are committed to promoting equal employment opportunities.
In response to the preventative measures to reduce risk of COVID-19, our team is currently working 100% remote. When we resume normal business operations, we have opportunities for employees to work in the office or continue to work remotely in BC.
This is a full time permanent position with benefits. Our Vancouver Studio located downtown at 1220 – 1095 West Pender Street, Vancouver, BC V6E 2M6.