Level / Environment Designer (Single Player)
Level / Environment designers are the creative force behind our narrative-driven content, crafting engaging gameplay experiences through sequences of level setups they design and produce.
- Plan and model simplified geometry environmental layouts, place game objects, and script level progression
- Perform extensive level play-testing, reviews, and iteration
- Collaborate with artists, programmers, animators and other game designers to craft the vision of your levels and the game
- Act as producer for levels you design, as well as other parts of the game, facilitating communication across disciplines, clearing dependencies, and ensuring deadlines are met
- Design and champion gameplay systems, conventions, and scenarios
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Requirements & Skills:
- Eye for art composition, architectural concepts, and an ability to create evocative shapes
- Good working knowledge of Maya, 3DS Max, or similar 3D package
- Proficient and effective communication skills
- Welcomes criticism and collaborates well as part of a diverse team, innovating without losing sight of the gameplay vision
- Desire to be a part of the Naughty Dog team
- Preferred: 3+ years designing and scripting single-player levels for console games
As part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates should expect to complete a design test.