Director, Corporate Strategy
We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry in supporting the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology by providing a platform of robust technology, tools, and data for game developers.
We are currently looking for a Director, Corporate Strategy and Planning to help shape strategic direction by working directly with the Mythical executive leadership team to develop strategy across multiple dimensions, including “where to play” (eg, evaluating markets and industries), how to succeed (eg, build, buy, or partner), and operating model (eg, organizational structures).
The Director, Corporate Strategy and Planning is responsible for working with Mythical’s executive team across businesses and locations, covering strategic planning, portfolio optimization decisions, and identifying and executing growth initiatives and margin expansion opportunities.
This person brings together a strategic mindset, external market insights, and core execution competencies to help Mythical make the best decisions and achieve short, medium, and long-term strategic and financial goals.
This position will report directly to our Chief Revenue Officer.
- Lead efforts on growth strategy to achieve Mythical's long-term vision, such as which industries should Mythical look to build or partner in, and how should we use our unique strengths to create game changing impact in that industry
- Play a central role in Mythical's operating model design, such as how to structure Mythical’s internal teams and external partnerships to maximize the efficiency of our operations
- Be an oracle of the full ecosystem in which we “play” or should be playing in by helping to broadly to define our unique value proposition and competitive advantages, and specifically identifying areas of “whitespace” to focus our efforts
- Support / lead specific strategic and corporate initiatives, key supplier or partner negotiations by Providing analytical and data-backed support for strategic business development opportunities
- Help to develop and lead a “Greenlight” process by outlining the process and aligning leadership and directors for each project, defining specific milestones and gates
- Oversee the team responsible for Mythical’s strategic planning processes, including working with with finance to help lead the Annual Operating Plan
- Regularly scan new opportunities, potential partners, acquisitions, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with a mix of strategy and operating roles
- Experience in a leading management consulting firm, strategy or comparable analytics-heavy environment, with work within technology, e-commerce, and/or media companies strongly preferred
- Experience leading teams directly or cross-functionally, influencing senior leadership, and managing multiple projects with demanding deadlines, changing requirements, and limited resources
- BS/BA degree in economics, finance, business, mathematics, or engineering; MBA preferred - Superior analytical capabilities with a unique ability to extract insights from data and connect dots
- Demonstrated communication skills across all mediums and org levels to drive and influence impactful change in the organization
- Ability to think strategically about entire industries and markets to identify new sources of value and build the organizational momentum needed to seize breakout growth trajectories
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected] We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.