WarnerMedia showcases some of the most iconic and cherished entertainment, news and sports brands in the world, but we are much more than that. WarnerMedia is truly where art meets science. Our combination of cutting-edge technology and an unrivaled commitment to groundbreaking storytelling builds a sense of community and meaningful connection that is shaping the future of media. We create rewarding opportunities across our entire family of brands, while championing a spirit of inclusion, innovation, self-development and support. Join WarnerMedia as we think big, live true and make the stories that move the world.
For the past 20 years Monolith Productions has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-earth: Shadow of War, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next project is going to be our best yet. That’s where you come in – for us to achieve that, we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Help us create our next AAA title.
Join the Wonder Woman team and help bring an iconic DC Super Hero to life!
Monolith Productions, the award-winning AAA studio who brought you F.E.A.R. and Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, seeks a Senior Engine Generalist. In this role, you will work closely with your technical lead and the rest of your peers on the engine team to develop state-of-the-art technology for the PS5, XBOX Series X and PC. Your domain could span the entirety of our runtime and your responsibilities will include both maintenance and extension of existing systems as well as the design and implementation of pivotal new technology.
As part of our highly collaborative engineering group, you will have ample opportunity to share your experience and expertise on the development of engineering systems across the entire codebase. Opportunities for involvement in the creative process are also available to those interested throughout the course of each project.
This job will require collaboration with our runtime group's Principal Engineer on issues of technical design and close collaboration with the other members of our runtime and gameplay teams regularly. You may also work closely with stakeholders on tech art and the broader content team depending on the system in question, on requirements gathering, implementation and iteration on new feature development.
The Senior Engine generalist will also work closely with an engineering manager and production to help develop realistic schedules and identify risks and dependencies.
- Design, author, maintain and document robust and highly optimized systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements
- Work closely with QA, stakeholders and your technical leadership to ensure the successful roll out of your solutions of your systems
- Author, review and provide feedback on technical and end-user documentation including code reviews of your solutions
- Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture
- Collaborate with Lead Engineer and Game Engineers to identify systems in need of optimization or replacement and on proposals of exciting new runtime technologies
- Work closely with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies
- Coordinate with QA and leads to ensure successful roll out of new features to the team and establish testing and maintenance of systems
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years professional C/C++ programming.
- Experience developing complex runtime systems for a published game.
- Designed and implemented major engine systems for a published game (preferred)
- Experience developing for either XBOXONE or PS4 (preferably both)
- Worked on multi-year, large-scale production game title from concept to ship (preferred)
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators to develop robust, maintainable, cutting-edge technology
- Ability to easily communicate technical topics with both engineers and non-technical people alike
- Ability to openly discuss and review technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with engineers, content creators and managers
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging skills
- Ability to work well in a team development environment with strong communication skills
- Strong desire to build industry-leading technology and ship the highest quality AAA games
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected]