WarnerMedia showcases some of the most iconic and cherished entertainment, news and sports brands in the world, but we are much more than that. WarnerMedia is truly where art meets science. Our combination of cutting-edge technology and an unrivaled commitment to groundbreaking storytelling builds a sense of community and meaningful connection that is shaping the future of media. We create rewarding opportunities across our entire family of brands, while championing a spirit of inclusion, innovation, self-development and support. Join WarnerMedia as we think big, live true and make the stories that move the world.
For the past 20 years Monolith Productions has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-earth: Shadow of War, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next project is going to be our best yet. That’s where you come in – for us to achieve that, we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Help us create our next AAA title.
As an Advanced AI Engineer, your domain will span much of the codebase as you design and implement new AI systems as needed, extend existing AI systems, and assist with or even implement the interfaces needed to integrate the AI into other gameplay systems.
A strong candidate will have a passion for creating engaging non-player characters (NPCs), whether they be opponents, allies, or neutral entities, all utilizing bespoke systems that convey unique awareness of the player’s actions. At the advanced level candidates are expected to be knowledgeable in the full stack of systems needed to provide believable NPC's for a AAA title.
- Design, author, and maintain robust and highly optimized systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of systems by identifying, communicating and resolving defects
- Author, review and provide feedback on technical and end-user documentation of systems
- Collaborate with Technical Leadership and other Engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture
- Collaborate with Lead Engineer, Technical Art and Game Engineers to identify systems in need of optimization or replacement; make proposals of exciting new systems or technologies
- Work closely with production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies; coordinate with QA and Leads to ensure successful roll-out of new features to the Team and establish testing and maintenance of systems
- Review the work of other Engineers and mentor them to improve their knowledge and skills
- 8+ years professional C/C++ programming
- Designed and implemented major game systems for a published game
- Experience developing for major consoles (PS5, Xbox Series X, or prior generation)
- Worked on multi-year, large-scale production game title from concept to ship
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators to develop robust and fun game-play
The Nice to Haves
- A passion for creating engaging non-player characters
- Experience developing first or third person action games
- Expert level knowledge of 3D math
- Ability to easily communicate technical topics with both engineers and non-technical people alike
- Experience with Havok AI or other AI pathfinding solutions
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected]