C++ Tech Lead - Minecraft Game UI team
Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
By joining our team, you will find an environment that enables you to leverage your knowledge and values to maintain and evolve a healthy and collaborative team culture as we grow.
What you will be doing:
- Drive the architecture of the Minecraft Game UI
- Hold technical talks for other leads about workflow methodologies, new technologies, or programming patterns
- Act as a "go-to" person with consideration to quality and delivery
- Coach team members on best practices in software development.
- Collaborate with other teams in Minecraft Gameplay team and also across the Mojang Studio
- Implementing features for upcoming Bedrock Edition Minecraft UI updates
- Maintain and improve the internal UI framework using C++
What you will bring to the team:
- Proficiency with modern C++ design and development
- Experience with agile methodologies and workflows
- Experience or strong interest in developing UI and implementing longevity-focused technical solutions
- The ability to work with large cross-platform codebases and modernizing legacy code
For this role, we will consider fit for the team and company holistically. Meaning that we'll put a great emphasis on your interpersonal skills. Due to this, we welcome different seniority levels in this process.
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys, and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!