Manager of Tournament Operations LATAM
As a regional manager of tournament operations at Mogul you are responsible for executing daily tasks to ensure tournaments and the team operating them perform with high efficiency. Communication is key in this role as both platform functionality and tournament offerings are in a state of constant fluctuation. Software bugs are expected in this environment where development is rapid and constant. You will need to be capable of adapting on the fly to ensure the greatest outcomes are achieved both for Mogul and its user base. While your core focus is on LATAM, the actions you take, decisions made, and contribution toward: reporting, policies (internal and external), and rules and regulations will affect the greater global team. Execution of a client’s tournament activity to spec and within budget is a primary focus of this role.
- Maintain constant communication with Director of Tournament Operations to make aware of growing trends in industry, player and tournament activity, emerging bugs, and internal issues;
- Obtain and maintain an in-depth understanding of the Mogul platform and its myriad nuances, this will require persistent tinkering and learning;
- Guide and contribute to the planning of all tournament content for the LATAM region which will include event conception, asset generation, timing, and other planning needs - lean on Team Leaders for assistance and input - seek to align plans with core business goals;
- Execute tournament content plans, ensure that tournaments are created with all appropriate configuration settings, assets, and staffing needs met - lean on Team Leaders for error checking and staffing considerations;
- Collate, verify, and submit Team Leader and Tournament Administrator invoices on a monthly basis to finance for processing - lean on Team Leaders for verification of hours worked;
- Contribute toward internal and external policy and operating procedures;
- Track LATAM events budget and adjust as needed to stay on or below target;
- Contribute bug reports with pertinent detail while avoiding duplicate submissions;
- Liaison with partners and clients to ensure all needs are satisfied;
- Monitor customer support tools, respond to escalated tickets, and communicate any issues;
- Contribute to help center documentation to ensure significant self-help resources are available;
- Ensure all facets of LATAM support, written and verbal, remain error free.
- Carry out and track the distribution of manual - digital and physical prizing.
- 5+ years of experience in the video game and/or esports industries;
- Good understanding of tournament formats and current esports standards;
- Work well in group environments, remain highly organized;
- Able to troubleshoot, problem-solve, and provide articulate solutions;
- Strong management and leadership skills;
- Strong communication skills.
- Avid video gamer with a passion for esports;
- Geeks out about tournament formats and the logic that derives the outcome;
- Have knowledge of the top esports titles;
- Ability to identify trends in the industry and pinpoint games with potential in esports;
- Be an awesome person that is fun to work with and enjoys building others up.