Lead Data Analyst
Looking for an innovative, creative, passionate, and fun company in OC? Then, let us introduce ourselves. We are MobilityWare and we make fun for a living! Our mobile games have been rocking the app store since its inception and we regularly show up in top lists for most popular games. We recently reached over 350 million downloads across our portfolio of games!
We have been voted 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 Best Places to Work in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register! Headquartered in Irvine, CA., our flagship game, Solitaire, was released on the day the App Store opened in 2008. Other titles include Blackjack, FreeCell, Jigsaw Puzzle and Spider Solitaire, to name a few. Our mission is to bring JOY to others one game at a time.
The Lead Data Analyst will manage the game analytics team to effectively facilitate exploratory analysis, scalable reporting, and real-time machine learning driven processes. Additionally, they will aid in the interpretation of research results and make strategic recommendations on game development direction and positioning.
Other responsibilities will include working with analysts to design, implement, and productionalize classification models, targeting algorithms, and data triggers. This is to support business functions across product management, ad serving, and game design.
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities
- Build, develop, and maintain data reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key business decisions
- Oversee the data requests process: tracking requests submitted, prioritization, approval.
- Actively manage data sprint through sprint planning, project allocation and prioritization, guidelines setting, and sprint review
- Develop KPIs, metrics, and reporting which leads to actionable product and marketing insights relating to consumer behavior, game engagement, and in-game interactions.
- Develop A/B testing programs to achieve business insights through testing and drive ongoing performance improvements through multivariate optimization.
- Organize and drive successful completion of data projects through effective management of data analysts and effective collaboration with stakeholders.
- Mentor staff in best practices including experimental design and analysis.
- Communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to stakeholders within the company.
- Recruit, train, develop, and supervise data analyst level employees
Qualifications for Position:
- BA/BS degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, or other quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience as a data analyst or similar analytical role, preferably for a technology or gaming company
- 2-3+ years in a leadership and management role
- Experience working with business teams to identify and define projects
- Experience using SQL and querying large, complex data sets, manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply business strategy to data analysis and recommendations
- Experience using visualization techniques for presenting data and analysis knowledge of Tableau is a plus
- Excellent communication, presentation, and visual reporting skills
- Experienced with Scrum, JIRA techniques for work organization and delivery
Why you should work for us:
- Awesome Perks: free lunch, free snacks, free drink, free Annual Company trip
- Casual workplace - yes, flip flops and shorts are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we would love for you to join us on the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got profit sharing incentives, medical, dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), Unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K
- Awesome office smack dab in the middle of OC and 2 minutes off the 5 freeway
- Amazing talent: We've got some heavy hitters from the industry who embody both brilliance AND humility