Senior iOS Developer
Mistplay is the first Loyalty Program for mobile gamers. Players use our platform to play games, connect with friends, and earn awesome rewards; such as Amazon gift cards and prepaid Visas.
We leverage a wealth of in-game data and Machine Learning to recommend the best games to our users and coach developers of all sizes to help them build games. We use our marketing expertise and platforms to make sure our studio partners' games reach millions of players around the world.
With a growth of over 10 million users in under 3 years, Mistplay is one of the fastest growing companies in North America. Join us as we continue to level up!
What you'll be doing:
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize the Mistplay experience for the iOS platform.
- Work on replicating the Android version of the app to iOS
- Work on fun projects such as social networking features for mobile gamers (Chat rooms, photo sharing, etc.).
- Focus on UI design principles and making apps work intuitively.
- Identify issues by analyzing data, processes, and code to solve frontend issues and recognize areas for improvement.
- Perform consistent and substantial testing to create highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products.
- Implement solutions to complex problems in the frontend infrastructure.
- Write secure code and maintain the functionality of the infrastructure.
What we're looking for:
- Experience as Senior iOS Developer or 5+ years of experience in similar roles
- Bachelors degree in Computer science, Software Engineering or related field is required.
- 3+ years experience working with Swift
- Strong knowledge of iOS frameworks
- Previous work experience with AWS, SDKs or mobile development.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented software development.
- Knowledge of multi-threading and memory management specific to mobile devices and caching mechanisms.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a group setting.
- Bonus if you have some knowledge of Android (Java, Kotlin, Android Studios)
What we offer:
- Compensation range of 75k to 100k CAD
- Generous stock option package
- We match 20% of your contribution to your retirement plan
- Monthly public transportation stipend
- Annual gym membership
- Dialogue membership - unlimited free video calls and texts with nurses and doctors anytime - they’ll even help you book IRL appointments
- Weekly happy hour
- Frequent team outings and off-sites
- Private healthcare - includes massages
We work hard to make our office atmosphere as inviting and fun as possible! Working at Mistplay is coupled with a whole array of perks: company Macbooks, automatic standing desk, unlimited free-trade organic coffee, frequent team outings, Friday happy hours, and so much more!
Our culture is deeply rooted in growth and upheld by a team of smart, dynamic, and enthusiastic people. We utilize data to constantly learn, improve, and adapt. We foster an environment where everyone is encouraged to share their ideas, push boundaries, take calculated risks, and witness their visions come to life.
Think you have what it takes? We'd love to meet you!