Regional Channel Marketing
At Microsoft our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. At Team Xbox, our mission is to bring joy and community of gaming to everyone on the planet. We will achieve this by delivering on Xbox’s promise to allow consumers to play the games they want, with the people they want, anywhere they want. In Consumer Channel Sales & Marketing (CCSM) our purpose is to create value with our partners, to market and sell innovative consumer solutions powered by Windows, Office, Surface, and Xbox. As a leader in Microsoft and CCSM, you will be a part of a culture centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams to bring their best each day.
CCSM is seeking a Modern PC Channel Marketing Lead to support the gorwth from Windows, M365 , Surface an PC Accesories categories multi-billion-dollar business across a multi-subsidiary region, charting new areas of innovation and connecting billions of lives around the world. Success will deep integration and internal partnerships with Product Marketing, Marketing Communications, Category Management, and Sales teams deliver on business and marketing objectives. At the heart of your efforts will be our partners and ultimately our consumers, where retail experiences may represent the only, or most consistent, impression with Microsoft consumer PC categories brands.
The PC Modern Channel Marketing Lead will be a subject matter expert for the Windows and M365 business, helping to land and activate product priorities across our partner base. This role will have end-to-end responsibility for execution, including landing visual merchandising assets, digital execution and transformation on partner.com sites and demo platform sell-in. You will also work closely with Partner Activation Leads to influence conversion online & in-store through training, evangelism and direct sales motions. This role is pivotal and accountable to drive growth in revenue, profit and share for consumer PC brands in CCSM. You will drive and facilitate strategic decisions about our marketing investment strategy, including marketing development funds management, and our marketing mix across key marketing disciplines. Your passion for our products and our partners will guide the team to execution excellence, a strong focus on ROI and accountability to sell-through.
You will act as a thought leader, a trusted advisor to drive strategic decisions about our marketing investment strategy and marketing mix across digital platforms, in-store presence, and retail activation teams. You’re an omnichannel expert, adept at inspiring partners to accelerate their digital transformation and adopt, experiment and innovate with us. You’ll be a champion of the brand and an evangelist of our connected product stories as you think globally while acting locally. You’ll drive impact by leveraging data and insights in order to create more personalized experiences and maximize ROI. Your passion for our products and our partners will guide the team to execution excellence, a strong focus on ROI and accountability to brand advocacy and sell-through.
You will have ownership of Modern PC efforts across Channels and Partner Marketers at the local country level to land readiness and execution with our partners based on worldwide guidance and your regional priorities. You will drive the strategy, investment priorities, goals by account through engagement with the subsidiary Consumer Channel and Partner Marketing teams as well as WW Consumer Channel and Partner Marketing and Category Sales teams.
Working closely with partners and customers, what’s powerful about this role is the ability to help our partners and our people transform – whether that be enabling new capabilities in digital, creating a point-of-experience in-store or building new channel/segment opportunities.
You will possess the creativity to lead the evolution of our strategy as well as the skills to create and sustain consistent operational excellence. You will also be someone who is passionate about inclusivity and are inspired by collaborating with high performing sales, category, and marketing teams.
Drive readiness, lead execution and earn fans by leveraging Consumer Channel & Partner Marketing strategies and tactics:
- (20%) Strategic Business Planning:
- Work with subregion and country teams to create short, medium, and long-term full-funnel partner execution plans that maintain channel momentum and profitability through the product lifecycle, tailored to account, partner and, consumer needs
- Integrate activities across PR, Social and Advertising to maximize investments and reach (Marketing Council)
- Agency management, briefings and verification of delivered media plans, acceptance of activities
- Ensure effective and efficient process and tools are in place to localize/trans-create content and scale across channels as appropriate
- Plan retailer account EPIC OPEX and MDF investment allocation
- Define and right-size asset/content support for through-partner marketing based on BG and WW CCSM priorities
- Coordinate Asset/content production for product launch and sustain marketing across Hardware and Services
- Coordinate with Partner Marketing Managers and Content Production Managers to provide real-time feedback to Corp and BG on campaign implementation and effectiveness
- (30%) Partner Experiences:
- Work with stakeholders and subject matter experts to activate eCommerce sales motions through digital marketing excellence, a connected storefront and mobile-first execution
- Build brand advocates among retail sellers by promoting training, evangelism and community engagement platforms
- Influence conversion both in-store and online through seamless and synchronized shopper journeys/experiences
- Optimize in-store presence by maintaining and future-proofing our shop-in-shop programs and in-store experiences
- Deliver compelling demo experiences through our Retail Demo Experience platforms
- Localize global campaigns & creative to regional nuances and partner requirements
- eCommerce: Facilitate adoption of eCommerce solutions and strategies to modernize Partner eCommerce capabilities
- Amplify brand campaigns through Partner Social and digital and leverage CRM activities to support onboarding and retention efforts. Review and approve thru partner media plans
- Presence: Production of POS and VM materials and coordination of implementation and ongoing maintenance/updates
- Influence: Leverage Training and Evangelism resources and curriculum (Influence) to ensure RSP consumption and support
- Manage Disti marketing support and low-touch executional guidance
- (20%) Partner Centricity & Relationship-building:
- Act as a trusted advisor and thought leader to the retailer/partner building credibility and impact and influence to help land key seasonal and product priorities.
- Develop partner capability assessments to identify key partner opportunities and relationship strategy
- Work with Retailers and Mobile Operators to map out an annual Marketing Plan across all Modern PC products
- Collaborate and drive co-marketing campaigns that involve our ingredient partners and hardware/device partners.
- Role model a culture of integrity and compliance, where trust and transparency are core to all decisions
- (20%) Execution Excellence:
- Deliver against timelines, budgets, and scorecards while also capitalizing on innovation opportunities
- Drive creation and review of monthly and quarterly feedback/reporting in support of regular business milestones
- Ensure brand consistency and deep understanding of the customer, competitive and marketing landscape
- Proficient across Microsoft programs, platforms and tools
- (10%) Analytics and Insights:
- Analyze performance results against execution activities to identify causals, opportunities and action plans
- Incorporate key insights from accounts to drive informed marketing action plans
- Create a culture of learning, encouraging tests and trials that constantly move our marketing execution forward
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away