Junior Maya Animator
Maze Theory is pushing the boundaries of interactive and immersive character-based story telling within VR. With our unique relationship with Oculus, we have access to some astonishing TV & film IP, whilst forging our own way with compelling in-house titles. With a management team of industry legends, working on established properties such as Peaky Blinders and Dr Who, Maze Theory is a really exciting place to be!
As part of our steady growth plans, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Maya Animator to join us working on our VR, console and mobile titles.
You will have some experience in animation, motion capture, rigging and skinning along some with working knowledge of games development pipelines. You should have a keen interest in VR and immersive story telling as well as a drive to push boundaries.
You will work remotely, alongside the rest of the art and development team, with the future option of working in our London office once lockdown allows.
- Experience animating in Maya.
- Some understanding of skinning and rigging in Maya.
- Some knowledge of animation pipelines (ideally Unity, but not essential).
- Some experience or knowledge of using motion capture data.
- Pro-active and self-motivated, able to work as part of a small team as well as individually.
- Working knowledge of Unity 3D or similar game engine.
- A drive to learn and improve, to test limits and experiment.
- An interest or experience of working with VR.
- To work closely within the animation team and art director.
- Produce consistently high-quality work.
- Support the wider team to develop immersive and compelling characters.
- Competitive salary
- Project and company bonuses
- Unlimited holidays, share options and other benefits