Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Object Modeler - Contract
Term: 12 months
Maxis is looking for you to be a part of the creative team working on The Sims 4. We ask that you are motivated and can work well with a cross-disciplinary group.
The Sims 4 is looking to fill a role for Object Modeler. Architecture, furniture, machinery, vehicles, vegetation; as an Object Modeler you create all of these and more. You hand paint your textures and know how to improve a mesh for best performance without sacrificing visual quality. Though your passion is creating beautiful assets, as an Object Modeler, you are comfortable working within a technical pipeline with Animators and Engineers. You can run with a task with little oversight but are able to receive feedback from Art Direction and love collaborating with your peers.
You will report to one of the Artist Development Directors within the studio.
- Create and debug assets in The Sims 4 while maintaining technical standards.
- Model and texture high quality modeling assets.
- Work with multiple development disciplines, including non-art specific groups, to assess and improve assets.
- Maintain technical and aesthetical coherence with the Sims brand.
- 2+ years of experience in art game development
- At least one shipped title in the role of Modeling or equivalent on PC or major console
- Proficient experience with 3D Software such as Maya & Photoshop.
- Strong time management and communication skills.
- Strong traditional art skill in drawings or sketches.
- Excellent sense of form, weight (mass), and volume.
- Good use of light and shadow.
- Breadth of artistic styles, especially hand painted.
- An understanding of optimization for game engines.
- Excellent sense of quality and craftsmanship.
- Bonus: Experience with ZBrush, Substance Painter/Designer, Marmoset, etc.
- Bonus: Experience rigging models for animation
- Bonus: Examples of traditional art (i.e. figure drawings, still life)
- Bonus: Familiarity with The Sims
Candidates must submit a portfolio illustrating their 3D modeling and texturing skill set to be considered for this role.
Our Global Benefits package is not included for this particular role.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.