Term: 6 months
At Maxis, we excel at outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're trailblazers and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers – it's about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Work with dazzling minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day. The Sims 4 has an extremely unique player base, with 60% of our audience being women between the ages of 18-24. We are looking for someone with deep insights on how to create the best experience for our players.
The Sims is looking to fill a role for Object Modeler. Architecture, furniture, machinery, vehicles, vegetation; as an Object Modeler you create all of these and more. You hand paint your textures and know how to optimize a mesh for best performance without sacrificing visual quality. Though your passion is creating beautiful assets, as an Object Modeler you aren't afraid of working within a technical pipeline and are comfortable problem solving with Animators and Engineers. You are confident enough to run with a task with little oversight but are open to feedback from Art Direction and love collaborating with your peers.
You will report into the Object Modeler Development Director.
- Create and debug assets in The Sims 4 while maintaining technical standards.
- Model and texture high quality assets.
- Work with multiple development disciplines, including non-art specific groups, to assess and improve assets.
- Maintain technical and aesthetical coherence with the Sims brand.
- 2+ years professional experience in art game development
- Proficient experience with 3D Software such as Maya & Photoshop.
- Strong time management and communication skills.
- Traditional art skill in drawings or sketches.
- Excellent sense of form, weight (mass), and volume.
- Use light and shadow.
- Breadth of artistic styles, especially hand painted.
- An understanding of optimization for game engines.
- Excellent sense of quality and craftsmanship.
- Experience with ZBrush, Substance Painter/Designer, Marmoset, etc.
- Experience rigging models for animation
- Familiarity with The Sims
You must submit a portfolio illustrating their 3D modeling and texturing skills to be considered for this role.
Our global benefits package is not included for this particular role.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.