Maximum Games is a top 20 global video game publisher, and is consistently one of the fastest-growing, making lists like the Inc. 5000 and SF Business Times’ Fast 100, to name a few.
Modus Games is a label of Maximum Games focused on bringing AAA publishing services to the best independent developers around the world. The Modus label leverages our global resources and expertise to ensure each title is critically and commercially successful.
As an innovative video game publisher, we encourage employees to set aside corporate attire and mindset in favor of entrepreneurism, strategic thinking and just enough process-orientation to be effective in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. The company values productive fun and invites team members to leverage their skills and abilities for company and personal success.
If this is the right environment for you, we are currently searching for a QA Tester.
This position is full time, hourly with benefits and will be based out of the Maximum Games headquarters in Walnut Creek, California.
In this position, you will:
- Perform frequent smoke tests to ensure project builds are functional
- Independently identify and report bugs in bug tracking databases
- Co-develop functional test cases and plans
- Communicate with QA and Production departments regularly
- Work flexible hours and assist with additional tasks as needed
Ideally, you have:
Functional/Technical Skill Requirements:
- 1 Year or more of Functionality and Console Testing experience
- Experience with current and/or next-gen consoles strongly preferred
- Jira or other bug tracking solution knowledge strongly preferred
- Compliance testing (Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Stadia) experience highly desirable
- BS or BA degree a plus
Soft Skill Requirements:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Creative, critical thinking skills, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Natural flexibility in workflow schedule
- Ability to prioritize workload and deadlines
- Aligns with Maximum Games’ Core Values: Scrappy, Creative Problem Solver, Avid Learner, Cares, Seeks Context, Adaptable
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.