System Engineer [Studio]
At Massive, we’re looking for a System Engineer to join our Infrastructure team, the role will be part of local IT team and linked to the global infrastructure team at Ubisoft.
Your aim will be to maintain and optimize systems and infrastructure in Sweden and be the link between the global infrastructure team and local IT and production, making sure we have the best possible solutions in place.
You need to have an interest in staying up-to-date with technology and be very much involved in the day-to-day of running a large infrastructure, and always look for ways to improve it.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Manage local infrastructure in Sweden and anticipate future needs
- Collect and identify needs and projects from the sites in the scope, anticipate future needs and requirements, check alignments with existing IT standards, raise and share the information with the global team
- Build the bridge between Local IT teams and the global technological IT team
- Be responsible of the good shape of local services through monitoring
- Maintain documentation to ensure knowledge is shared with local and global team
You as a person
You like to collaborate and enjoy working in a mix of local and remote teams. You are a resourceful and creative person who strive to evolve and learn new technologies. This is the perfect role if you welcome change, have technology capabilities combined with passion and motivation. To succeed in this position you are a strong communicator and easily get your point across. We are looking for a person who takes initiatives and will be autonomous with the focus on integrity and reliability to ensure the confidentiality of all times. You are comfortable working autonomously as well as a good communicator that works well in a team. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- VSAN and VMWare expertise
- File share technologies knowledge
- Storage concepts
- Linux Operating system management
- Windows Server Administration · Scripting/Automation : Python, Shell, Powershell
- Familiar with datacenter hardware and best practices
- Experience in monitoring Systems
- It’s a bonus to have backup technology knowledge
Good to know
As we aim to build a team that continuously pushes the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. In the meantime, why not take a look at the videos posted below?