(Closed) Senior Level Designer
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first-person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open-world experience.
Are you a Senior Level Designer who excels at building and implementing combat scenarios for action-adventure games?
Collaborating with a team of level designers, a Lead, and an Associate Producer you'll play a significant role in the development of our game world. You'll have ownership over certain content areas and collaborate with other disciplines (Game & Narrative Designers, Art and Code) to help create a memorable player experience for a well-established IP.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job ad is posted.
- Conceptualize, design, build, and script bespoke levels;
- Design and implement areas of the game including layout, character placement, objectives, and other gameplay-related entities;
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and Lead Designers to contribute engaging ideas towards all aspects of game design;
- Collaborate with other Level Designers to define and refine level layouts to create an extremely fun, satisfying, and polished level design flow;
- Work closely with the narrative and art department to conceive and design environments that are innovative and visually impressive;
- Collaborate with the engineering team to develop and enhance the development of tools and processes used in building our levels;
- Mentor your junior colleagues.
You have a positive attitude and are passionate about games and level design. You enjoy helping others succeed and are an effective communicator, which aids you whilst working within a large production team. Ideally, you sympathize with the values of James Cameron's Avatar, you look forward to technical challenges, and the thought of learning to use our Snowdrop™ engine excites you tremendously!
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience within combat level design on a major AAA Title;
- Production experience, with credits from multiple major titles;
- Ability to design interesting game levels utilizing 3D tools (e.g. UnrealEd, Maya, Max, Hammer, Radiant or similar 3D editors);
- Previous experience with scripting tools (e.g. Kismet/Blueprints, Bolt, and/or Snowdrop);
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of game design systems;
- Deep knowledge of adventure & open world games.