A Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the implementation of entire gameplay features. The engineer will assist in the translation from game design to technical design, task estimation and implementation of the tasks comprising the feature. The engineer will be communicating with designers, artists, producers and other programmers in this role.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develops gameplay features by designing, planning and implementing software solutions.
- Determines the viability of a feature by researching implementation strategies pertaining to the engine or platform (UE4/5, custom engine, etc.).
- Communicates clearly and effectively across the departments that comprise the team (engineering, production, design, and art)
- Identifies and estimates specific tasks to achieve project goals
- Performs tasks as prioritized/assigned by their lead in the estimated time.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, diagrams, code comments and clear code.
- Tests written features to ensure product stability
- Reviews code written by team members to ensure knowledge sharing and consistent coding standards.
- Protects Lost Boys Interactive by keeping information confidential.
- Installs and configures a working environment following documented procedures where applicable.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Passion for developing game AI and creating a framework for artificial emotions and ideas within non-playable characters
- 5+ years previous work experience in a game programming role with 2+ years working in AI engineering
- Proficiency in C++ and object-oriented programming
- Understanding of the psychologies of characters and how they are likely to behave
- Researching and developing AI elements that will best enhance the game
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience with game engines such as Unreal Engine 4, Radiant or Unity
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience with network (multiplayer) programming
- High interest in and motivation to learn new technologies, languages, engines, algorithms or platform technologies
- Ability to offer technical expertise, solution architecture guidance and limited mentoring (answering questions, offering advice, guidance) to more junior developers on same or related projects.
- Ability to communicate well and work across departments in a professional manner
Lost Boys Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer.