Head of Esports
We are looking for a person that lives and breathes esport, has been a part of the esport industry for at least 5 years, and has experience in coaching teams at a high level, amateur level, or scholastic level. Head of Esports at Learn2Esport is a full-time position, remote or based in our office in Uppsala, Sweden.
As Head of Esports at Learn2Esport, you will work together with Gameplan.gg’s product team to evaluate and improve our current product, build a network of coaches who can give us insightful feedback, and set the roadmap for what features to develop and content to create. You will be responsible for gathering customer feedback and making sure that the platform and its content is of high quality from an esports perspective. You will also be working with current partners as well as looking for new partnership opportunities to take the product to the next level.
In order to succeed as the Head of Esports at Learn2Esport, you have to understand the dynamic of an esports team, how to run practice sessions effectively, and how to help players improve, both as individuals and as a team. Do you have experience playing an esports title at a high level and coaching esports teams? Are excited to work in a startup environment where your work will impact thousands of students around the world?
Learn2Esport was founded by esports (and traditional sports) veterans in 2016 who champion learning with esports in a formal educational setting. Since its launch, the company has been supporting the structured, educational needs of students in Sweden and countries across the EU.
Working in close collaboration with researchers, educators, coaches, analysts, and professional players, Learn2Esport creates educational content - from critical thinking to collaboration, from job skills in esports to lessons on entrepreneurship and creativity - delivered by proprietary technological products that provide the best formal and informal educational experiences.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Evaluate the quality and points of improvement of the current platform and its educational content
- Be a part of setting the roadmap for both the content team and the development team
- Interview customers and beta testers to understand their perspective on our product
- Build and manage a network of coaches who test and give feedback on our product
- Suggest new features and content based on insights on how we could improve our product
- Work with current partners to improve our joint product
- Find and connect with new partners who could help improve our product
Skills and requirements
- Have been a semi-pro level player in one of these games CS:GO/LoL/VALORANT/Dota2/OW
- Have coached for at least 3 years in any of the titles named above (Valorant can be combined with other major FPS)
- Experience in developing esports teams (team-building, roles, conflict management)
- Experience in planning and executing esports practice sessions
- Experience using coaching tools like Sheets/Excel, Docs, Statistical Tools/Sites, etc.
- Analytical skills and statistical knowledge
- Tactical and strategic thinking
- Strong social and networking skills
- Fluent in English writing and speech
- Experience in design or programming
- Experience in product development
- Experience in VOD reviewing
- Experience in education
- A large esports network
Head of Esports at Learn2Esport is a full-time position, remote or based in our office in Uppsala, Sweden. Apply now and we will get back to you as soon as we can.