Associate Writing Lead
With multiple awards to our name, Larian Studios has proven that we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality role-playing games. We now looking for an Associate Writing Lead to join our Guildford team.
- Build and manage a team of writers responsible for producing and maintaining state-of-the-art cinematic RPG dialogues
- Align with current style guides to provide reliable feedback on dialogues and other in-game texts
- Work to provide players with original experiences executed with a high degree of technical proficiency
- Work with team members to create a rigorous but creatively nourishing work environment
- Work with team members to establish and reach career and performance goals
- Develop workflows and adhere to established production pipelines (and know when to innovate them)Be the gatekeeper of quality of your team, responsible for the game’s narrative, dialogue, technical proficiency, and in-game texts
- Experience in branching, interactive game writing
- Experience with RPGs (digital or TTRP) a strong plus
- Able to work in a fast-paced and constantly evolving work environment
- Strong knowledge of sentence structure, grammar, and usage
- Ability to operate comfortably in spreadsheets and create basic functions
- A ‘player-first’ approach to game design
- Able to write and communicate from a place of openness and vulnerability to bring both team and game a sense of authenticity
- Strong love for the pantheon of great literature and the ability to be touched by powerfully written texts
- Strong communication and social skills - the role is predominantly focused on developing a team of writers while being able to provide examples of what we're looking for and provide effective feedback to your team on same.
- Willingness to relocate to our studio in Guildford, UK
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with ever-evolving skillsets and passion for player experience. If you want to contribute to making amazing RPG experiences, we would love to hear from you.