Full Stack Programmer (Marketing Department)
Kwalee is an expanding, independent mobile games developer and publisher based in the beautiful town of Leamington Spa, England, within the area known as Silicon Spa where over 3,000 game developers work.
Kwalee is one of the world's fastest growing studios and has rapidly become the largest hyper-casual publisher in the UK. Thanks to hit games including Draw it, Looper, Jetpack Jump, Shootout 3D, Go Fish!, Plank! and Rocket Sky, Kwalee has hundreds of millions of players across the globe, placing us within the top 5 mobile developers worldwide.
The company was founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE - awarded by the Queen, co-founder of Codemasters and comprises of a highly skilled and creative team that has doubled its size in the last year. The team includes many industry veterans and the original creator of the Micro Machines video games (yes, you read well, we have celebrities here!).
As Full Stack Programmer within the Marketing Department, you love technology in general and finding solutions to problems. You like to improve the processes in place and explore new ideas.
You'll be part of a team that will be based in the new office that we're going to open in Bangalore.
What you tell your friends you do
“I ensure Kwalee’s busy marketing team is able to operate at maximum efficiency - essentially I’m their tech wizard who helps them out of any trouble”
What you will really be doing
- Build useful tools with the support of the wider marketing team, including systems for automation, analysis and task management
- Maintain and update the department’s current tools and systems
- Monitor data quality and maintain data feeds and ensure external information sources are interfacing correctly with in-house tools
- Dealing with ‘on-the-fly’ technical problems for a range of marketing-oriented dashboards and tools
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to coordinate efforts and get the best results.
- You’ll think creatively and will be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 85 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced and passionate team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- Full-stack programming experience even if it’s in personal projects (ideally with Python, C++, JS, Ruby, Go, or similar language).
- Knowledge of databases and experience with SQL or NoSQL
- Ideally some experience with APIs
- Experience in data science, analysis and an interest in marketing
We offer a generous benefits package to all our employees that includes a team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment among other perks.
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.