Game Designer (f/m/d)
We are Kolibri Games - a mobile games developer from Berlin. Our two games have over 100 million downloads and we are on a mission to become the most player-centric games studio out there.
We believe in players, creating value, learning, but, most of all, we believe in people. We strive to offer you a fair recruitment process and a great candidate experience, as well as a friendly environment to work in, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. Help us bring joy to people, we promise you will have fun by doing so :)
Game Designer (f/m/d)
We are looking for a Game Designer to work on our next potential big hit! You will be embedded within one of our “New games” teams working on building the next generation of idle games. You will be entrusted with balancing, economy management, new feature and content design. You will be working in an agile and fast paced environment identifying future features for the game by developing a deep comprehension of our player’s needs and motivations using both data, information from the players and your own F2P knowledge. Depending on the state of the project you will be working in, we aim to release weekly updates so you will make sure that our players have a challenging but rewarding game experience that is perfectly balanced.
- Balance features and evaluate their impact on the game
- Review existing features numerically and graphically
- Design and prototype new features in collaboration with stakeholders
- Research, deconstruct, and assess mobile games
- At least 1 year of professional experience as a game designer
- Strong analytical & mathematical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience in game design and UX preferably in F2P mobile games
- Strong comprehension of games from a player and a business perspective
- Player-centric mindset and a sense for great user experience
- Successfully released one or more mobile game titles
- Knowledge of Unity3D is an advantage
- Experience with creating UI/UX mockups
Your Benefits – We’re game to support you
- Competitive Salary - We believe that top performers should receive top payment
- Training Budget - We believe in learning. A generous personal learning budget to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops and attending conferences. We also offer in-house training such as coding and German classes
- Flexible working hours and Home office – We believe in a good work-life balance
- Equipment - State-of-the-art technical equipment, including laptops and phones, which may also be used in your free time
- Health and Fitness - We pay €50 towards a monthly gym membership or a fitness activity
- Relocation - Relocation support to help you move to Berlin
- Pension - Opportunity to save for your pension tax-free
Bonus Level – We love to have a good time, too
- Food and Drinks - Fresh fruits to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert. We also have a fully stocked fridge with Smoothies, Coke, Club Mate, beer etc
- Parties and Team Events - Apart from our regular parties, BBQ’s and movie nights we also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun
- Company Holidays - Every year we go on an amazing company holiday to relax and bond as a team. Last summer we went to Greece!
- Friday Celebrations - Company-provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We come from 25 different countries and many different backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of their age, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, physical appearance or disability.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English. Although it is not mandatory, we always appreciate a cover letter stating your motivation to join us.
We look forward to hearing from you!