Data Engineer (f/m/d)
Three years ago in a student flat in Karlsruhe we dreamed of becoming the most player-centric games developer in the world. Fast forward to 2019: We’re now a team of more than 100 people in our studio in Kreuzberg, Berlin, and our two mobile games ‘Idle Miner Tycoon’ and ‘Idle Factory Tycoon’ have reached more than 100 million global downloads.
Our vision remains, and we want you to become a part of it! Help us in bringing joy to the people who love our games and join a company that has plenty of fun while doing so.
Data Engineer (f/m/d)
Data technology in gaming is at the forefront of innovation - we handle billions of data events per month - and you’re here to keep us there. By bringing your expertise to the table, you will help us identify software, infrastructure, and architecture to ensure that our Data Platform is always on the bleeding edge.
You will work directly with the Data Platform Team and Embedded Data Users to ensure that our data is always available, trustworthy, and useful. You will evangelize performance, efficiency, and reliability- ensuring that data driven decisions contribute significantly towards making Kolibri Games the most player centric game studio in the world.
- Architect and design data pipelines which can handle billions of data events per month
- Work on automated testing and improving data quality to make sure data users can work reliable with data
- Implement different streaming and batch use cases and find ways on how to efficiently deploy machine learning models
- Come up with ideas to optimize our technology stack to stay cutting edge
- Work on the scalability of our internal data platform to ensure handling greater workloads efficiently
- Knowledge in big data processing (batch and streaming) and knowing at least on commonly used computation technology like Spark / Databricks
- Can work with various big data storage technologies like Snowflake, Azure Data Lake, Amazon S3
- Experience in working with cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Knowledge of how to apply and orchestrate ETL processes with orchestration tools like Airflow
- Experience in working and deploying Machine Learning pipelines (ideally worked with Databricks and MLFlow before)
- Knowledge about BI Tools like Looker and how they work
- Worked with data warehouse workflow tools like dbt before
Your Benefits – We’re game to support you:
- Competitive Salary - We believe that top performers should receive top payment
- Training Budget - We believe in learning. A generous personal learning budget to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops and attending conferences. We also offer in-house training such as coding and German classes
- Equipment - The newest technical equipment, including laptops and phones of your choice, which may also be used in your free time
- Health and Fitness - We pay €50 towards a monthly gym membership or a fitness activity
- Relocation - Relocation support to help you move to Berlin
- Pension - Opportunity to save for your pension tax-free
Bonus Level – We love to have a good time, too:
- Food and Drinks - Fresh fruits to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert. We also have a fully stocked fridge with Smoothies, Coke, Club Mate, beer etc
- Parties and Team Events - Apart from our regular parties, BBQ’s and movie nights we also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun
- Company Holidays - To celebrate a key company milestone we went to Tenerife on a company holiday - and this year we are going to Greece!
- Friday Celebrations - Company provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English.
We look forward to hearing from you!