Web QA Analyst
KingsIsle Entertainment, established in 2005, is a proven MMO hit-maker with 50+ million registered users across both our MMOs with vibrant and strong communities. Our award-winning game Wizard101 is currently in its 13th year and Pirate101 is in it’s 9th. We attribute our success to great people, and we recognize the value of every team member. We work hard and have fun, whether it’s with lunchtime gaming sessions or office outings to the movies. The working environment, friendly teammates, and support for growing careers all contribute to the long tenures many people enjoy at KingsIsle.
Who You Are
- College graduate with at least a 4-year technical degree.
- Tester with at least 3 years of web testing experience.
- Veteran crafter of real-world use-cases based on exhaustive analysis of software requirements.
- Experienced in test automation platforms and scripting languages.
- No stranger to Linux, networking, server topography, and databases.
- Excellent communicator and problem solver.
- Quick study, with a passion for learning.
- Meticulous and thorough.
- Team player, team builder, and team benefactor.
How You Can Contribute
- Uphold high quality standards, and exercise your power to reject sub-par solutions.
- Formulate test strategies that properly cover elusive scenarios.
- Spearhead cause analysis, and test manually as needed.
- Challenge assumptions, and verify developers' claims.
- Own tasks as if the future of the company depends upon it.
- Be a champion of effective communication.
- Ask silly questions, and ask hard questions.
- Check your ego at the door.
- Have an important voice in solving real-world development problems.
- Be a key part of our small server team, responsible for back-end products that serve millions of users!
- Have at your disposal over 30 years of experience and domain knowledge from the leadership team. They are great mentors.
- Be exposed to all aspects of development life, including design, coding, project-lead, code review, DevOps, QA, and automation.
- Work closely with game designers, marketing strategists, data analysts and operations professionals.
- Gain experience working on Infrastructures as Code with our cloud-based production and QA services.
Extra Points If You Have Experience With
- JMeter, Selenium, Java/Groovy, Bash, Python
- Postman, Wireshark, Browser Dev Tools, SumoLogic
- Apache, Tomcat, Jenkins, SALT, DNS
- Eclipse, JIRA, Confluence, Crucible, SVN, REST API
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, and vision care benefits
- 401(K) with employer match
- Company fun days, parties, and unlimited PTO
- Please make sure that the durations of your education and employment on your resume are included in month/year format.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Only highly qualified candidates need apply and only candidates that meet the degree requirements will be considered.
- Applicants must be legally able to work in the U.S. for KingsIsle.