As a Senior Systems Engineer on the ESS team, you will be involved in large- scale system design and troubleshooting, your focus will be to provide a high quality Developer Experience by implementing and improving ESS services and products. Our main goal as a team is to contribute to speed up the Game Development Lifecycle.
You will be involved in the Cloud migration strategy to transform and shift our product and services to Google Cloud Platform.
Experience working with the following technologies:
- Operating Systems Management:
- Linux (Debian, Ubuntu) - Required
- Windows OS - Desirable
- Mac OSX - Desirable
Configuration Management and Deployment:
- Puppet (r10K, Hiera, Modules, PuppetDB) - Required
- Packer - Desirable
- Terraform - Desirable
- Virtualisation and Cloud Technologies Management:
- Google Cloud Platform (GCE, GCS, GKE) - Required
- Docker - Required
- Kubernetes - Required
Development Service Management:
- Github (Organisations, repositories, Webhooks, Ops) - Desirable
- Artifactory (Publishing, Downloads, API) - Desirable
- Jenkins (Deployments, Configuration, Plugins, Pipelines) - Desirable
Development Script Languages:
- Python (automations scripts, API interactions) - Required
- Bash - Required
- Groovy (automations) - Desirable
- PowerShell - Desirable
Web Server/App Management:
- Apache / Nginx - Required
- Tomcat - Required
- SQL Language - Required
- PostgreSQL - Desirable
- MySQL - Desirable
- Monitoring, Alerting and Logging
- General Security awareness
- A great team player able to work effectively with people across different locations
- Support mindset for Developers Teams
- Structured and good at prioritising
- Problem solver
- Self- driven and keen to learn
- Sharing knowledge and Collaboration
Tasty Bonus Skills
- Experience working with heavy CI/CD pipelines in a multi OS environment.
- Experience working and implementing CI/CD using Kubernetes.
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 255 million monthly active users as of Q2 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.