Senior Technical Artist - Live Games
We are looking for a talented Senior Technical Artist to join our live game teams in London, Berlin & Malmö!
Your Role Within our Kingdom
You’ll be part of the art team working on some of the biggest games in the mobile games industry. As a Senior Technical Artist you will work directly with artists and developers helping to identify and solve problems, optimize workflows and game footprints and push the boundaries and visuals of our globally successful games.
You will also be part of the wider Technical Art Community at King, a unique environment where we share, collaborate and support each other to achieve our full potential.
Skills To Create Thrills
- Excellent knowledge of one major 3D software packages (Maya preferred)
- Experience with character rigging for animation
- Excellent knowledge of 2D creation software (Photoshop etc) and image manipulation
- Previous experience creating mobile games preferable
- Good knowledge of game engine workflows and an understanding of realtime rendering
- Excellent Python knowledge and scripting ability
- Proven track record of both artistic and technical creativity with a passion for solving problems
- Understanding of how to optimize games content for memory and performance
- Passion and drive to push visual quality or streamline workflows
- Experience in creating various game content (animations/modelling/vfx etc)
- A proactive communicator, willing to give and receive constructive feedback
An online portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skills would be preferred.
- Understanding of GLSL or similar shading language
- Experienced in working in an Agile / Scrum environment
- Good Knowledge of typical development languages (C++, rust)
- Previous experience with custom game engines
- Good knowledge of mathematics and physics (vector calculus, linear algebra)
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we are a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that takes pride in having fun. Every single day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to craft the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company, Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. Do you think this is something you can help us achieve? Then we’d love to talk with you.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you’re from, it’s all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent - because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Want to join our Kingdom?
Application needs to be in English.