Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Technology
At King millions of players connect to our games every day and expect to continue playing from where they left off. With titles like Candy Crush, Bubble Witch and Farm Heroes our code runs on hundreds of millions of devices globally. Behind the scenes there are hundreds of servers running our code in our data centers handling requests from millions of concurrent players
The Applications Engineering team is responsible for engineering and providing core infrastructure applications servicing the game platform on which all the King games run. We create solutions primarily around databases, streaming, observability. Currently we are in the beginning of a long and super exciting process of migrating our offerings from on- prem to fully running in public cloud.
We are looking for someone senior to come in to help and strengthen us as we architect, engineer and provide the future core platform for King games. We believe that you share our passion for learning new things, asking questions, coding (primarily in Python), quality, automation, continuous improvements, and actively building and upholding a great culture. Our scale will ensure you are building solutions for millions of queries and billions of events. Our collaboration with Google and CNCF will enable you to really dive deep into cloud technologies.
Your role within our Kingdom
Our job is to build effective, stable and reliable large- scale platform infrastructure tools and services for our games, and product teams. We strive to empower developers to be autonomous and flexible while keeping the sites and games up at all times. We continuously work to create self- service models for our tech in close collaboration with platform and development teams.
We Care Deeply About Our Culture And Believe In
- An inclusive and diverse workplace
- Continuous improvement of everything we do
- Automation and coding as much as possible
- Collaboration and blame- free respectful problem solving
- Asking for help and sharing ideas openly
We engineer and provide the shared infrastructure platform serving all of our games, as well as environments for developers and supporting tech like observability, databases, and event transport. Today this includes everything from working with services running in our data centers, writing code for full stack orchestration and automation, troubleshooting distributed systems and resolving production incidents.
Example Of What You Will Work On
- Streaming infrastructure such as Kafka and PubSub
- Databases such as MySQL, Spanner, Memcached, and Redis
- Alerting and notification frameworks
Skills to create thrills
- Software engineering and coding. We use Python when sharing code, but are convinced you can learn that if you are experienced in other programming languages
- On- prem and public cloud infrastructure management
- Databases such as MySQL, Cassandra, Postgres
- Streaming infrastructure
- Observability technologies and pipelines (OpenTSDB, Prometheus, Grafana, Log management, and others)
- Orchestration and configuration management frameworks like SaltStack, Ansible, Puppet, Terraform etc
- Linux; command line & its performance tools
- Able to communicate proficiently in written and spoken English
We think that you are a curious, humble, driven, collaborative, and responsible person who loves to work with infrastructure as code.
Making the world playful
When it comes to interactive mobile entertainment, we're pretty proud to be number one. We bring moments of magic to hundreds of millions everyday through games like Candy Crush Saga and Farm Heroes Saga. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way.
It's an exciting time to join King. We're challenging ourselves to dream bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. Together we’ll create new experiences that raise the bar. Through creativity and innovation, we'll redefine the world of games again and again.
Want to join our Kingdom? You’ll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com.
All applications should be made in English.