Games Design & Production
Do you want to help set the new gold standard for best- in- class match- 3 games?
Candy Crush Saga is one of the biggest games in the world, entertaining millions of players every day, and we are looking for people who are as excited as we are about making it even bigger and better. Working in a talented cross- functional team, you will play a key role in the development and delivery of new and exciting experiences for our players.
We’re currently looking for a Senior Producer to join Candy Crush Saga’s New Initiatives team in Stockholm. You will bring an excellent track record of leading, motivating and supporting game teams, as well as developing and managing the production schedule to ensure the successful delivery of multiple game projects.
You will collaborate with your Area Lead and creative and business leaders to deliver on project goals in line with King’s high standards. You will be a role model for your team and the company. You’ll champion our values and lead by example with your mindset of collaboration, rapid iteration and continuous improvement.
Your Role Within Our Kingdom
- Work with the Candy Crush Saga (CCS) leads to understand and champion the game vision and performance goals, quality expectations, and backlog
- Partner with Product Owners to ensure full understanding of production requirements and constraints, in order to support the team to deliver the right quality experience in a predictable and efficient timeline
- Create and maintain the production plan in partnership with the team and leads, then work with the team to execute on it.
- Ensure your team is healthy, motivated and high performing
- Align the team around clear and motivating goals that is connected to the game strategy and lead and support them to deliver quality features and content
- Track progress throughout production to learn and adjust in order to successfully deliver on expectations
- Provide production overview and status to stakeholders and leads
- Co- ordinate and align backlogs with Product Owners and manage production dependencies
- Lead the game team to proactively identify and mitigate known and emerging problems and risks and promote team- wide visibility.
- Support communication and coordination with external groups such as tech platforms and tools, localization, marketing, etc.
- Drive and co- ordinate the team to deliver ongoing maintenance activities (ex: bug fixing, ad hoc requests, releases)
- Establish clearly defined and efficient working processes together with the team and continuously work to improve the processes
- Identify and plan for opportunities for long- term efficiency improvements
- Identify and engage collaborators, both internal and external to the CCS team, at the right times throughout production
- Overall responsibility for all Roadmap features from kick- off to release
- Ensure Roadmaps are correctly resourced in alignment with your Area Lead
- Align all team roadmaps to fit current priorities and CCS goals
- Plan and support teams in work assignment
- Support Area Lead in identifying and resolve staffing needs
- Encourage and support a positive, creative, feedback- focused culture in your teams and help identify and resolve morale or engagement issues
- Provide support and input towards individuals’ performance and growth
- Collaborate with other Producers on the improvement of your craft
Skills to Create Thrills:
- Have contributed to the development, release and/or service operations of at least one mobile game or live mobile digital product
- Experience in leading teams in aligning to and executing against product vision and goals
- Able to work in and foster a team culture of trust and respect, where open feedback, accountability, and courage to fail fast and learn are the norm
- Able to receive feedback openly and adjust leadership style and way of working
- Demonstrated analytical and data- informed decision making
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for games
Tasty Bonus Points:
- Experience in game development crafts such as art, game design, engineering, QA/QC
- Experience working with outsourcing or distributed teams/development
- Experience working in game- as- a- service environment, being able to balance live services as well as game development activities
- Experience with line management and talent development
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.