Your role within our Kingdom
As a Build and Configuration Engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the systems and tools necessary to have robust and efficient continuous builds for our teams, who build both games and systems for internal use. We are continuously improving our ways of working, and you will take part in setting standards, guide and support developers on how to use our common development infrastructure.
The development teams each own and write their own builds, but need your expertise and help to make sure the tools and systems are used consistently, optimally and keep up as technology evolves. As an expert in build systems, automation, source control, versioning, continuous integration and rapid deployment, you will be their partner in choosing and using the right tool for the right job, working very closely with the development teams and operations, while keeping in mind the big picture of the long term goal keeping the build and release good practices of different location across the Kingdom.
The overall technology stack is common across studios. We envision that all source code ever produced by any team within the Kingdom should be available to anyone with just a simple command. The teams work in an agile development methodology and we value our fast- paced environment and flexible approach. The teams are allocated to different Business Units but belong to a common functional division – Development. We build our games in different technologies depending on the target platform.
Skills To Create Thrills
- Experience working closely with development teams to design and implement shared build systems - we believe in a “DevOps” approach and work in a fast- paced, agile environment using Kanban or Scrum techniques
- Experience using Jenkins, Artifactory, Gradle, Groovy CPS, Maven, and Ant that compiles code in Java, C++ and HTML 5 for building build game backends and Android and iOS apps
- Setting up and running Continuous integration/Delivery systems using Jenkins implementing information radiators, notifications on broken builds and automated tests
- Planning repository organisation and branch scheme using multiple source control systems like git, Mercurial, SVN and Perforce
- Setting up monitoring and alerting systems to ensure that any issues in the Continuous Integration environments are identified and resolved as quickly as possible.
- Proficient using configuration management tools like Puppet or Ansible to manage and deploy on Linux, Windows and Mac OS systems
- Experience building build pipelines, Configuration as Code with Groovy and Groovy CPS in the context of Declarative and DSL build pipelines, Docker, Docker Registry, and Google Elastic computing is a plus
- A desire to experiment, learn and innovate to continuously improve the way of working in the engineering systems team
- A team player who can coach and support teams when setting up and using CI, release management and build systems
We’re knights of creativity
We believe that great games are developed by working in small, autonomous creative teams that control the whole process – from idea to amazing game. Our close connection with and instant feedback from the player community, enables us to deliver truly magical moments. We value your free time and your need to refuel, relax and find inspiration – by playing games with your colleagues, being at home with your family or going to the gym or out for a run. That's how we stay creative. That’s why we call ourselves developers of magic and knights of creativity.
Join our kingdom now, application must be in English.
The brilliant experience we give our players comes from the diversity and experience of our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!