(Closed) Quantitative Research Analyst
Activision Blizzard Media is a rapidly growing business created to connect advertisers with our 350M+ global player base across Activision, Blizzard and King.
The initial goal of this thriving start-up effort has been to create premium, innovative advertising experiences for world-class casual mobile games like King’s Candy Crush Saga. Looking ahead, we plan to launch advertising across the Activision Blizzard portfolio, including high growth areas like esports. This is a really exciting time to join this growing business.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will be responsible for helping with advanced quantitative research within the measurement and insights team of our advertising business. This includes marketing analytics, designing and executing survey research, ad hoc data queries, and working along our data science team to structure internal data for the needs of the sales, marketing, measurement, and insights teams.
This role will work alongside the head of Quantitative Research (QR) and the rest of the Marketing, Measurement, & Insights (MMI) team to carry out the roadmap for quantitative research related to ad effectiveness & user experience at ABM.
- Help design and execute survey research to assess perceptions of advertising products on our platform and track user sentiments of ads and games
- Execute research plans under the supervision of the head of QR that help assess the impact of advertising on our players
- Assist with ad hoc analysis to determine best practices among advertising campaigns to yield successful branding and offline sales lift outcomes
- Work alongside the game studios to create research plans that help assess user sentiment on our platform
- Perform ad hoc data queries to provide audience insights to internal and external constituents
Skills To Create Thrills
As an expert in data science techniques and rigorous quantitative analytics, this role will infuse quantitative rigor and insight into broader measurement and marketing initiatives.
- BA/BS in quantitative social sciences, statistics, or quantitative marketing. MA/MS/PhD preferred in a quantitative discipline a plus
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Willingness to learn SQL and Google BigQuery
- Strong skills in efficiency and effective visualization of data
- Excellent ability to communicate analytics to a non-technical audience
- Experience in executing research plans from survey design to presentation
- Strong presentation skills for internal stakeholders, with a focus on explaining both the methodology and insights derived from statistical models.
- Interest in gaming across a variety of platforms (mobile, console, PC, etc.)
- Demonstration of knowledge in Product and User Experience research
- Knowledge of a statistical programming language (R, SPSS, Stata)
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that’s it.
We’re Seriously Playful
Officially, we’re a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that’s not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let’s talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You’ll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.